Back to vacancy listing
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
|Until further notice
|Local vacancy number:
||Number of employees needed:
||Sub Business Unit:
||Type of Shift or Duty:
||Industrial Coatings WF&A
||Research & Development
About the company
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The chemist will be part of a team that develops innovative products for our customers ever changing needs for the wood products industry. We are looking for an individual with knowledge in any combination of Water borne, Solvent borne and UV products.
Duties include, but are not limited to,
· Product and process development for new formulations.
· Incremental improvements on existing products.
· Product testing to meet the tough specifications our customers demand.
· Perform root cause analysis.
· Assist the sales team with product testing at the customers’ site.
Skills necessary for the job are:
· Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
· Good color distinction.
· Good organizational and documentation skills.
· Good oral, written and presentation skills.
· Customer focused work ethic.
Job requirements / Candidate profile
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university and have 3 years of product development in the paint and coatings industry.