Back to vacancy listing
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
|Until further notice
|Local vacancy number:
||Number of employees needed:
||Sub Business Unit:
||Type of Shift or Duty:
||Industrial Coatings Coil Coatings
||Production & Manufacturing
About the company
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Purpose/Key Objective of the Position:
The QA/QC Manager will lead, guide and direct all activities related to Quality Assurance and Quality Control for the Columbus plant; will work across all business functions to deliver continuous improvements to business objectives; and will contribute to continuous improvement of production processes and quality control processes related to securing desired product quality. We are looking for experience building teams, improving procedures, develop associates and taking the quality systems to a new level. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for technology and improvement.
· Develop, implement, maintain, and lead activities such as (but not limited to) ISO, Auditing, Supplier Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems, Continuous Improvement, Calibrations, etc.
· Ensure all regulatory quality systems, ISO and QA related regulations/policies are in compliance.
· Ensure that records and documentation are maintained and controlled.
· Serve as primary contact for all QA/QC management and control systems and ensure that training all employees is sufficient to ensure that personnel can properly use the quality system.
· Manage and Coordinate with the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager on all project and process improvement activities. Coordinate the Root Cause Analysis process.
· Establish effective interaction between QA/QC, Process Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical Lab personnel. And, organize and/or reorganize departments to reduce the cycle time.
· Coordinate any requested changes of formulas with R&D to improve and refine formulations for on test consistency and manufacturability.
· Chair, coordinate or serve on project management teams, to include supplying information, implementing projects or other duties as assigned.
Job requirements / Candidate profile
· A college degree preferably in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. A strong chemistry background is preferred.
· A minimum of five (5) years direct experience and successful track record in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control Management in a manufacturing environment.
· Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred. Strong knowledge base in all aspects of Quality including validation, calibration, quality control Knowledge of quality tools and Lean manufacturing principles; Six Sigma, 5S, and ISO systems.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communications skill to work with internal team members and customers.
· Ability to use, interpret, and explain statistical tools and their outputs such as process capability, control charts, regression analysis, and analysis of variance.
· Analytical approach to problem solving, strategic mind-set and ability to manage multi-tasks and meet deadlines.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as be PC literate in the use of MS Excel, MS Power Point and Minitab.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V