From brilliant ideas to brilliant paints
The U.S. Decorative Paints business serves the do-it-yourself (DIY) and professional paint markets with a portfolio of well respected brands, including Glidden, Glidden Professional, The Freshaire Choice, Ralph Lauren Paint and Devoe paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks. These brands are sold through company-owned Glidden Professional Paint Centers, national retail outlets, distributors and independent dealers throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Industry-leading innovation is at our core
Driven by the diverse needs of our customers, AkzoNobel has been at the forefront of new and innovative products in the U.S. Consider these industry firsts dating back to the mid 1960s:
- First in the market with a water based latex paint
- First to deliver water based acrylic exterior paint
- First solid emulsion paint
- First cylindrical plastic packaging container
- First non-drip gloss
- First CD based color visualization software
- First to deliver zero VOC low odor paint
- First exterior paint with the ability to be used below 35 degrees
- First water based alkyd emulsion product
- First ceiling paint with EZ Track Technology “Pink to White”
- First to deliver zero VOC low odor paint and colorant
Today, the commitment to innovation continues. With the ability to leverage AkzoNobel’s global research and development infrastructure, we’re delivering Tomorrow’s Answers Today™, and in doing so, providing real solutions to support the evolving needs of DIY consumers and professional contractors.
We transform communities by making people’s lives more colorful
At AkzoNobel, we make people’s lives more colorful every day. Our products transform places and spaces by making them fresher, brighter, and of course, more colorful.
But we also help make the community more colorful, and not just with paint. From programs that upgrade facilities where schoolchildren learn, such as Colorful Classrooms; to community-based projects that our employees themselves select and participate, we become part of the community.
If you’re a non-for-profit organization interested in a product donation, please click here on the process to submit a request.