Finding ways to protect the world around us
As a major international manufacturing company, we’re responsible for protecting and safeguarding the environment in which we operate. We don’t just utter reassuring words about the environment. We take positive steps to reduce the environmental impact of what we do.
Wherever we operate in the world, our objectives are to:
- consume fewer resources – including energy
- prevent pollution of air and water
- eliminate polluting emissions to the workplace and external environment
- minimise, re-use, recover and recycle waste wherever possible
- consider the environmental effects of raw materials and their sourcing
- encourage sound health, safety and environmental practices by suppliers, sub- contractors and customers
- provide the necessary information to customers to ensure that our products can be used, transported, stored and disposed of safely – and without risk to people’s health or the environment.
We’re a member of Responsible Care, which supports a continuing effort to improve the industry’s responsible management of chemicals. It’s active in 46 countries, representing over 85 percent of the world’s chemical production.