Back to vacancy listing
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
|Until further notice
|Local vacancy number:
||Number of employees needed:
||Sub Business Unit:
||Type of Shift or Duty:
||M&PC Yacht Coatings
||Production & Manufacturing
About the company
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
This position is responsible for operating mixing machines, filling equipment, and/or packing equipment. The position will be working with this equipment manually and via a computer interface. The position requires that you assemble, weigh, measure and/or count materials and containers to be used.
Successful candidates will be on an initial 90 days probationary status. On successful completion of these 90 days, the candidates MUST join the Union, as per the Contract.
Job requirements / Candidate profile
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have knowledge of how to operate a Fork Lift Truck
- Must have good communication skills
- Must work well in a Team environment
- Must be literate in the English language
- Must be proficient in general math skill
- Detailed oriented
- Must be able to lift weights up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing to work 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Paint or Chemical production experience preferred