- We recognize that you will have concerns about protecting your intellectual property. That is why you should not submit to us any confidential information. If you cannot submit your idea without disclosing confidential information, you cannot participate in the Challenge and you may contact us separately. You should consider consulting a lawyer and/or filing a patent application before submitting your idea to us.
- Your submission, and the information contained in it, will be received by us only on a non-confidential basis. You agree that we will have the right to use the information free of charge as we see fit, to disclose it to any AkzoNobel employee with a need-to-know in relation to the Challenge and to disclose it to affiliates for use and disclosure as they see fit for the purpose of the Challenge.
- You warrant that you have the right to disclose the information to us, that the disclosure does not breach any contract or obligation between you and a third party and that, to the best of your information, possession or use of the information by us or any of our affiliates does not misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property rights of others.
- You indemnify us and our affiliates for any damages in connection with any claim for misappropriation or infringement resulting from our possession or use of the information submitted by you or the possession or use thereof by any of our affiliates.
- Following your submission, we may ask you to provide further information or enter into discussions with us. At that stage, we may ask you to enter into a confidentiality agreement with us to protect our mutual interests if it is foreseen that confidential information will be disclosed. If at any time you feel you are asked to disclose confidential information and no confidentiality agreement has been entered into, you should raise this with us, prior to disclosing the confidential information. If you do not raise this with us prior to disclosure, the information will be non-confidential and we may treat it as such.
- Following your submission, we may invite you to further participate in the three-day event. At that stage we will communicate clearly which terms and conditions will apply.
- You agree that we may process your personal data for the purpose of assessing your submission and contacting you and that we may share the personal data with our affiliates for that same purpose. You will have the right to access and edit your personal data maintained by us at any time by contacting us.
Participation - Intellectual Property and New IP
We respect ownership of intellectual property rights (IP): your IP remains yours; ours remains ours. What we create together during the event will be our joint IP (yours and ours) and we will provide clear guidance in advance in terms of what we expect from you and what you can expect from us. As the organizer of this challenge, we will in principle have a first right to use, further develop or exploit this IP together with you. If we decide we are not, or are no longer interested in such IP, you will have the right to use it with others.
All IP that is developed jointly by participants of the Challenge and AkzoNobel during offline stages of the Challenge (“New IP”) will in principle be jointly owned by all contributing parties. Details of any subsequent agreement for using, further developing or exploiting New IP will be negotiated on an individual case-by-case basis. AkzoNobel will, as organizer of the Challenge, in principle have a first right to negotiate any type of subsequent agreement relating to New IP and a first right to use, further develop or exploit New IP with the other joint owner(s) of New IP.