United States, Michigan, Troy
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of its employees globally. We want to be the best – to use our leading market positions to deliver a leading performance – and for that, we need YOU! Find out how our values make AkzoNobel the employer of choice.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Automotive & Specialty Coatings Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
The Regional Marketing Manager formulates regional marketing plans, tactics, actions, targets and budgets by translating Business Unit vision, policies, market research and customer specifications for their region. Contributes to the execution of sales and profitability targets established by the executing marketing initiatives in the allocated Region including new product introductions, services, tools along with sales and promotional initiatives.
- Works closely together with Segment Manager(s) to ensure translation of Segment strategy into operational action planning
- Acts as senior Marketing Leader and focuses on the Regional Marketing organization
- Formulates Regional marketing plans and tactics, which includes introducing, repositioning but also sometimes pulling out products, services and brands in countries
- Translates business unit (BU) vision, policies, market research and customer specifications into detailed Region strategies, actions, targets and budgets and keeps up to date as continuous process
- Translates defined portfolio in regional offer and range management with annual complexity reduction process. Works with regional sales and leadership to ensure product range meets customer needs and supports the implementation of the agreed product portfolio
- Execution of brand tactics into the market. Deciding which brands are used and the brand positioning in the region, aligning to brand strategy
- Input to pricing architecture, works with marketing to develop pricing frameworks for the region and executes regional tactical pricing with regard to competitive landscape
- Uses demand forecasting information for product and contingency planning
- Develops, executes and monitors key performance indicators for regional marketing team
- Stimulates benchmarking and internal best practice sharing in the marketing community
- With support of the Market Intelligence Analyst gets in depth understanding of needs within the Region through market research and implements needs based segmentation model
- Translates needs into clear value propositions and develops these propositions in close cooperation with BU Marketing organization
- Validates propositions by means of business cases
- Maintains close contact with sales organizations to ensure market input is gathered (outside-in) and translated into fitting propositions
- Analyzes results within the Region, benchmarking results, market research and general market developments
- With support of the Marketing Specialist develops communication plan for the specific Region
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Works closely with Regional Business Unit Management Team to ensure matrix structure operates efficiently
- Acts as an ambassador and encouraging talent processes and engagement
- Ensures job profiles are in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions
- Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk
- Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I)
- Creates an open environment in the team where all people can perform at their best and stimulates the development of others and ensures an engaged team
- Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations
- Takes ownership by representing Regional BU Management Team towards own team and vice versa
- Manages and plans relevant (departmental) budget and proactively manages the costs.
- Reports on progress on a continuous base
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft. AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global Paints and Coatings Company; consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier.
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years management experience; 6-8 years of marketing experience in various marketing roles; 3-4 years of experience working in a sales role
- Peoples Manager with proven track record to develop and engage teams
- B2B marketing experience preferred
- Ideally seeking experience in coatings or a related field in a sales / marketing / technical position
- A creative and original thinker, self-motivated and determined
- An outstanding leader with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Experienced in managing professional marketing people
- Prepared to travel 40% up to 60%
AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V