United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Contributes to the execution of sales and profitability targets established by the SMU by professional delivery of proactive and operational support in assortment. Executes marketing initiatives in the allocated Region including new product introductions, services, tools along with sales - and promotional initiatives for sales in the allocated Region.
- Works closely together with Segment Manager(s) to ensure translation of Segment strategy into operational action planning.
- Acts as senior Marketing Leader and focuses on the Regional Marketing organization.
- Formulates Regional marketing plans and tactics, which includes introducing, repositioning but also sometimes pulling out products, services and brands in countries.
- Translates Strategic Market Unit (SMU) vision, policies, market research and customer specifications into detailed Region strategies, actions, targets and budgets and keeps up to date as continuous process.
- Translates defined portfolio in regional offer and range management with annual complexity reduction process. Works with regional sales and leadership to ensure product range meets customer needs and supports the implementation of the agreed product portfolio.
- Execution of brand tactics into the market. Deciding which brands are used and the brand positioning in the region, aligning to brand strategy.
- Input to pricing architecture, works with marketing to develop pricing frameworks for the region and executes regional tactical pricing with regard to competitive landscape.
- Uses demand forecasting information for product and contingency planning.
- Develops, executes and monitors key performance indicators for regional marketing team.
- Stimulates benchmarking and internal best practice sharing in the marketing community.
- With support of the Market Intelligence Analyst gets in depth understanding of needs within the Region through market research and implements needs based segmentation model.
- Translates needs into clear value propositions and develops these propositions in close cooperation with SMU Marketing organization.
- Validates propositions by means of business cases.
- Maintains close contact with sales organizations to ensure market input is gathered (outside-in) and translated into fitting propositions.
Analyzes results within the Region, benchmarking results, market research and general market developments.
- With support of the Marketing Specialist develops communication plan for the specific Region.
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
Main Management Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Regional SMU Management Team to ensure matrix structure operates efficiently.
- Acts as an ambassador and encouraging talent processes and engagement.
- Ensures job profiles are in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions.
- Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk.
- Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I).
- Creates an open environment in the team where all people can perform at their best and stimulates the development of others and ensures an engaged team.
- Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations.
- Takes ownership by representing Regional SMU Management Team towards own team and vice versa.
- Manages and plans relevant (departmental) budget and proactively manages the costs.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Minimum Bachelors degree in related field of study; MBA preferred
- 10+ years related experience; minimum 2-3 years at a senior level
- Experience in B2B preferred
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.