Business unit: Decorative Paints
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Who we are:
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint.
We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
Purpose of the role:
AkzoNobel’s Paints brands (like Flexa, Dulux and Coral) are popular with consumers and business users worldwide. Key to success is forward digital thinking and creating new communications and campaigns enabled by the Global Digital Team that encompasses eCommerce, CRM, Search, Web, Apps and Content. In your new role you will be responsible to drive our digital strategy across all consumer platforms.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to:
- Be a senior product owner and feel responsible for the quality and strategic impact of all digital channels globally
- Optimize the online journey and experience for our consumers cross different platforms like brand websites, our Visualizer apps and instore digital touchpoints
- In doing so you ensure the best practice integration of digital media and channels into global Consumer and Specialty brand strategies, execution plans and end-to-end customer experiences
- Manage your agile team(s) and work on continuously improving and evolving our global digital experiences to achieve brand preference and lock-in
- Be a best-in-class product owner for multiple consumer channels (including our global brand web-platform and our flagship app Visualizer)
- Ensure best practice integration of digital media and channels into Global Consumer and Specialty brand strategies, execution plans and end-to-end customer experiences to achieve brand preference and lock-in
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally and align on strategies and delivery
- Develop and execute a roadmap of digital lead-generation repeatable models (search, content, social), branded digital assets and integrated experiences appropriate to paint consumers and professionals (e.g. websites, apps, in-store, CRM etc.)
- Build and execute on our global consumer centric multi-brand platforms by prioritizing the items in your product backlog and deliver the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value
- Build strong connection with the Coatings digital leads to leverage from each other’s capabilities and align roadmaps
- Through ongoing contact with brand team and key business units, stay current on professional and consumer brand and market knowledge - being able to represent these stakeholders in digital strategy and framework development
- Develop customer data research, analytics and insights to drive decision making and create business impact.
- Collaborates with Global Consumer and Speciality Brand teams
- Key interface to eCom marketing teams in market: Gather market input, align on content plans (global plan with consideration of local slots), ensure seamless communication process
- Secures a thorough understanding of the external players and competition dynamics. This person should be on top of all latest developments and translate that into successful commercial proposals. Therefore should have a great network in industry
September 29, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, communication or related field plus 7+ years in senior digital marketing role
- Experience of delivering digital projects and activities through agency partners and service providers
- Experience of working with brand marketers to deliver digital initiatives
- Excellent coaching, communication and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and task management skills with the ability multi-task, manage deadlines and successfully lead a wide stakeholder field in a fast-paced changing environment
- Creative, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to use independent judgment, analyze information, identify trends and develop adopted strategies
- Proven experience of stakeholder management, managing by influence and leading cross functional teams
- Proven experience as product owner overseeing multiple digital experiences and driving digital strategy
The network you manage:
• Global digital team and specialists (e.g. Data, traffic and eCommerce)
• Consumer, Prof, Specialty Head of Marketing
• Consumer Comms Manager
• Supply Chain
• Cluster Marketing Heads
• Marketing heads of key MSUs
• Digital agencies
• Digital Innovation Partners
• Advertising agencies
• Key opinion formers of the eCommerce industry
• This role has Global Decorative Paints responsibility and is part of the Global / European Headquarters
• This role is part of the Global Digital & eCommerce team
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and ambitions? Do you have experience of working with external (global) partners and agencies to successfully deliver digital projects and activities? Are you an influential leader who can inspire cross-functional teams and successfully manage all stakeholders? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment? Are you able to translate strategy to delightful digital experiences?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of Consumer Experience Lead Paints
For further information, please contact Jan-Kees Stout, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88-010 6789, option 2. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 1800017M
A background check will be part of the selection procedure.