United States, Maine, Portland
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
About the company
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of our people around the world. We want to be the best – to use our leading market positions to deliver a leading performance – and for that, we need You! Find out how our values make AkzoNobel the employer of choice.
This is a remote position that can be based out of any major city in New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont.
Frontline sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets established within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Identify, plan and develop new customers in line with business development plans/targets.
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Plans own visit schedule in line with agreed customer service levels for that customer segment.
- Collects, reports and analyzes the customer feedback / information on present as well as future market trends in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Coordinates own visit schedule with the assigned Technical Representative.
- Plans, executes and reports on the sales activities in the assigned sales area.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- Identifies business opportunities, pinpoints and tries to resolve existing and/or potential problems and requests support from the upper management.
- Delivers periodical progress reports and proactively submits recommendations regarding the improvements in the approach to the marketplace.
- Cooperates with the other departments in the implementation of approved service solutions.
- Proactively informs the upper management about the required sales support level (including marketing, technical, logistics and control) and cooperates in and coordinates the implementation of the defined activity.
- Systematically up-dates CRM with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Has expert knowledge on the features and benefits of available products/services.
- Cooperates with Technical Representative in educating customers on technical requirements of available product lines, IT support tools and non-paint assortment.
- Advises upper management on training types, recruits participants for relevant courses and gains commitment for customer attendance.
- Monitors and reports on the status of formal customer complaint procedure handling.
- Gets familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
• High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical role in the Vehicle Refinishes, Automotive or Coatings industry.
• Knowledge of vehicle refinishing products and procedures required; experience with application and drying equipment, knowledge of testing standards and evaluation of results; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Strong communications skills; oral/written, presentations, public speaking and one to one negotiations.
• Able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License.
As a leading coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.