United States, Oregon, Salem
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The General Laborer/Tank Washer position performs a variety of physical or manual tasks of a general character requiring no or minimal special training, judgment or skill, working under direct supervision.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
- Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties as per company’s Code of Conduct
- Load and unload materials, parts or products and move them to designated work areas.
- Maintain storage and usage of wooden pallets
- Clean and wash tanks, pots, values and other apparatus
- Coordinate with production staff in support of general labor activities
- Maintain strength and cleanliness of cleaning solutions
- May assist in other phases of production including but not limited to fill-off, shipping and receiving
- Perform area housekeeping responsibilities
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Diploma
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to weigh and measure raw material accurately
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75lbs, 60lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900lbs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans