United States, Wisconsin, Green Bay
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
Frontline sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets established within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Systematically screen customer base for new opportunities, generates leads and maintains pipeline.
- Identify, plan and develop new customers in line with business development plans/targets.
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Plans own visit schedule in line with agreed customer service levels for that customer segment.
- Manage sales support activities in designated area.
- Collects, reports and analyzes the customer feedback / information on present as well as future market trends in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Coordinates own visit schedule with the assigned Technical Representative.
- Plans, executes and reports on the sales activities in the assigned sales area.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- Identifies business opportunities, pinpoints and tries to resolve existing and/or potential problems and requests support from the upper management.
- Delivers periodical progress reports and proactively submits recommendations regarding the improvements in the approach to the marketplace.
- Cooperates with the other departments in the implementation of approved SMU service solutions.
- Proactively informs the upper management about the required sales support level (including marketing, technical, logistics and control) and cooperates in and coordinates the implementation of the defined activity.
- Systematically up-dates CRM with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Has expert knowledge on the features and benefits of available products/services.
- Cooperates with Technical Representative in educating customers on technical requirements of available product lines, IT support tools and non-paint assortment.
- Advises upper management on training types, recruits participants for relevant courses and gains commitment for customer attendance.
- Monitors and reports on the status of formal customer complaint procedure handling.
- Gets familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Diploma Required; College degree preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience with vehicle collision repair industry or related automotive field required
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active learning, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Strong technical knowledge of powder coatings for automotive.
- Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database and Microsoft Office
- Requires a valid driver’s license and approximately 20%-30% travel
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)