United States, Pennsylvania, Reading
Business unit: Powder Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
*This position will rotate 1st & 2nd shift every other week*
- Safely repairs and maintains equipment and site.
- Ability to react timely and safely to emergency repairs
- Ability to install equipment both mechanically and electrically
- Ability to read and trace schematics both electrical and mechanical
- Degree of expertise is determined by various mechanical / electrical skills (Troubleshooting, PLC knowledge, welding, machining skills, etc.)
- Ability to assist in design and construction of various mechanical or electrical projects.
- Completes maintenance documentation in SAP. This includes job time confirmation and parts consumption
- Responsible for stores management (Parts, Max/Min levels, etc.)
- Responsible for general housekeeping in the department and other maintenance areas throughout plant (Boiler rooms, Water recovery room).
- Responsible for helping operators/mechanics in other areas, as assigned by supervision.
- Responsible for participating in safety activities
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing a trade in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with both electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various employee groups, contractors and management.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize priorities and perform at a fast pace.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of process equipment.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Requires daily contact with employees in other departments.
- Ability to work with contractors.
- Ability to work Shifts.
- Overtime coverage is required, particularly for short-notice absences of other Shift FLL.
- May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, performs sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion.
- Works and travels throughout the plant environments of varied temperatures and humidity.
- Climbs ladders and stairs and works on elevated platforms.
- May work in confined spaces.
- May use hand tools and operate fixed and mobile plant equipment.
- Wears personal protective equipment.
- May be required to lift up to 55 lbs.