United States, Illinois, Chicago
Business unit: Group Control
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees. Here in North America, our Specialty Chemicals business operates across 22 production, research and office sites in Canada, Mexico and the United States, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. Nearly 2,000 employees in the region are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – is located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue. For more information visit www.akzonobel.com/specialtychemicals
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
AkzoNobel Surface Chemistry- has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst contributes to the execution of the sales and marketing strategies and is in charge of monitoring the sales profitability against targets established by the business. This individual will conduct and communicate analyses targeted at the improvement of the operational and financial effectiveness of the business. Also, leads or contributes to improvement projects defined by the regional finance management. In addition, is a business partner of assigned regional sales and marketing managers. Furthermore, is a key stakeholder in Product Management Review and Demand Management Review (Integrated business planning steps).
Business partner to commercial organization
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analyses of business figures.
- Executes (part of) the standard Marketing and Sales (“M&S”) reporting for the region (including sales performance, M&S costs and Accounts Receivable related reports)
- Partners with M&S management to provide business analytics, control cost, overdue and payment terms.
- Challenges performance and forecasts of M&S managers and works with them to develop a coherent and feasible commercial plan.
- Drives the forward looking culture by developing leading KPI, incorporating external trends and understanding the impact of KPI and trends on the relevant segment
- Investigates and drives a discussion on understanding the revenue drivers of the business (i.e. what creates demand for our products)
- Executes regional improvement plans and drives the agreed actions to completion
- Executes the commercial financial planning cycles (IBP, Budget, 5 Year Outlook) for the region within the guidelines of the regional commercial manager
- Performs cost benefit analysis related to business projects and/or programs and assists in the development of business proposals
- Key User Business Warehouse and Arkieva. – providing first line support for other users as well as interact with IM in the development and maintenance of the system which may include projects, testing and continuous improvement
Business Partner to PMR and DMR (Integrated business planning)
- Participates in the Product Management Review and or/ Demand Management Review and the related feeder meetings and ensures the correct monetization of these steps leading to the Integrated Reconciliation.
- Challenges the PMR and DMR teams in their assumptions with the aim of improving the quality of their assumptions.
- Ensures the PMR and DMR steps are correctly monetized in the Arkieva system.
- Flags relevant issues and adjustments to the Integrated Reconciliation
- As a business partner, brings his/her financial expertise to the PMR and DMR with the aim of improving the overall quality of the steps.
Development and execution of improvement initiatives and embedding them
- Executes projects and initiatives from the Commercial Finance program together with Marketing and Sales function: 1. Standardized, harmonized processes
2. Standardized reports / KPI’s
3. Establish / become part of commercial review cycle
4. Implement parts of the commercial excellence program
- Embed improvement initiatives in the organization
- Regional / Global Segment leaders, Key account managers
- Commercial Excellence team
- BU finance organization, and analysts in other regions
- Auditors, Corporate Staff (ATD, Treasury, Legal)
- BA IM and master data teams (SAP/BW )
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance or Accounting a plus
- MBA a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a financial analyst
- Influencing skills – ability to work across functions and different levels in the organization
- Project management capability
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled in SAP and BW, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Arkieva preferred
- English (fluent)
- Able and willing to travel up to 15% domestically
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Business analyst, commercial analyst, senior business analyst, senior commercial analyst, senior financial analyst, manufacturing financial analyst, manufacturing business analyst, manufacturing commercial analyst, manufacturing