United States, Indiana, Fort Wayne
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Respond to customer telephone or written inquiries regarding status of orders, product selection, placement of orders for standard products and/or services, complaints (including returns), shortages and adjustments, expediting, and requests for literature. Analyze individual solutions and take appropriate action to ensure that customer needs are met. Coordinate activities with internal company departments, vendors and common carriers. Provide necessary follow up and initiate correspondence. May process customer orders and issue credits. Access, update and maintain customer computer file or manual record keeping systems for individual accounts. Prepare quotations for standard products or services. Trouble shoots problems with finishing applications.
**Position is located in Gas City, IN. Relocation is available to qualified applicants**
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
- Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
- Must follow and adhere to company’s Code of Conduct
- Formulation of special colors and minor modifications to improve application of curing; preparation of test panels.
- Evaluation of customer’s procedures and finished product.
- Test runs & compliant resolution
- Creates/demonstrates the ability to solve problems
- Establishes a positive relationship with customers
- Reviews and discusses activities with sales manager
- Reports problems to customer and offers corrective action
- Monitor finishing lines for adherence to established process controls
- Check incoming materials and/or pre-ships for color and quality
- Assist in training of finish room personnel
- Attend all meetings pertaining to finishing
- Maintain materials and assist in ordering
- Keep daily records of any variations on finish lines out of the ordinary
- Problem solving of recurring problems in finish
- Keep plant personnel informed on finish changes, technical info. And proper handling of materials
- Dispose or work-off expired materials
- Maintain master color panels and quality control on materials
- Look for ways to improve the efficiency of the process
- Typically assigned to the customers manufacturing operation
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Two to four year degree in related field preferred or 2-5 years’ experience in wood coatings or furniture/building products manufacturing
- Minimum of 2-5 years of wood finishing experience
- Must be knowledgeable in various finish application systems and have good color matching skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to write or verbally deliver correspondence professionally and effectively to all levels of management, peer group and customers
- Must have effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills; email, sending reports, etc.
- Coaching/teaching and decision making skills
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment in customer’s site
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working in the customer’s facility. The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.