United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The Strategic Sales Manager manages business relationships with strategic accounts (customers and prospects) within the dedicated region.
- Works closely together with Marketing to perform continuous market research for in depth market knowledge of the value chain of the strategic account(s) within the dedicated region in context of possible further market penetration.
- Maintains professional relationships with strategic accounts within the dedicated region.
- Applies agreed sales strategies towards selected key prospects; negotiates terms and conditions of contracts.
- Manages relationships with existing strategic customers and mobilizes mutual profitability growth.
- Plans, monitors, participates in and reports on execution of sales activities conducted with regard to designated customers.
- Assesses validity of the requested investment projects, prepares and submits relevant documentation for approvals.
- Promotes positive company image and develops long-term relations with assigned accounts by participating in customer events.
- Regularly calls on assigned existing and potential customers to maintain close contact with the marketplace.
- Cascades information to designated customers on features and benefits of available products/services.
- Identifies and follows up on significant business opportunities, pinpoints existing and/or potential problems and arranges for resolution.
- Delivers periodical business reviews and actively participates in development of business growth and sales support plans for designated customers.
- Assists in implementation of SMU solutions within area of services.
- Promotes selected network to potential work-providers such as insurance companies, fleet owners and other stakeholders in the value chain.
- Rolls-out SMU sales programs (including, sales process-related knowledge / tools).
- Regularly and pro-actively informs back-office (including, marketing, technical, logistics and finance) about required sales support level and coordinates actions towards assigned customers.
- Systematically up-dates customers’ databases with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Provides information to customer service regarding customers’ needs with regard to marketing tools, services and analyzes.
- Arranges for and monitors quality of technical support provided by the technical unit in handling complex customers’ inquiries and in resolution of complaints.
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 7-10 years sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within manufacturing environments, along with commercial coatings systems is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate.
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at customer accounts and internal management.
- Process/continuous improvement methodology preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, results driven and customer-oriented.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and must be able to travel approx 60% of the time.