Netherlands, Gelderland, Arnhem
Business unit: Finance Functions
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Overall role of Internal Audit.
- To provide assurance to auditees (i.e. local entities / BU / Functions and BoM) that their systems of internal controls are adequately designed and operating effectively as designed;
- To identify, and recommend on, opportunities for improving the existing systems of internal controls and endorse best practice solutions;
- To develop and prepare (financial) staff for future management roles.
Key to our global success is an expert Internal Audit Function (IAF) based at Arnhem, the Netherlands, and Singapore. IA incorporates around 30 auditors from a variety of cultural background, with different levels of experience and areas of expertise.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to enhance and protect AkzoNobel’s value and values by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight on risk management, control, and governance processes.
Senior IT Auditor
The role is based at the Arnhem IA hub, home to around 25 audit employees including 7 IT auditors and 5 audit managers. The position reports to one of the Internal Audit Managers.
Key Objectives/ Principal Accountabilities
Your core function in the role is to plan and perform complicated IT and operational audits in small teams under supervision, as well as less complicated audits under remote supervision. Rotational the Senior auditors will be lead auditor for assigned audits, and prepare audit reports and assume responsibility for the quality of the audit execution and results in accordance with the Global Audit Framework.
Once onboarding is completed, you take on extra tasks over and above the primary audit task. For instance, you act as a process expert to improve and align risks and control frameworks with external and internal developments. Additionally, you support the audit managers in the business partnering activities to develop annual risk and audit plans and periodic reporting activities.
The IT Auditors will conduct audits in all regions of AkzoNobel. As such, you must be willing and able to travel worldwide for 40-45% of your time including weekends, but for a maximum of two consecutive weeks.
August 30, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Job requirements / Candidate profile
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology/Business Administration or Auditing;
- Advanced degree or professional certification relevant to IT Auditing, such as RE or CISA;
- Thorough knowledge of internal control and auditing standards, programs and techniques;
- Minimum of 4 years audit experience in public accounting and/or or in a large internal audit function.
- Experience with auditing ITIL processes, Outsourced delivery models (including the use of ISAE and SOC statements) is a prerequisite, as is the knowledge of models like COBIT.
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft and Cloud solution is a strong preference;
- Experience with data analytics (IDEA, ACL, Celonis, Spotfire) in a SAP environment is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision when necessary;
- Possesses an organized approach and the ability to distinguish between the essential and non-essential;
- Ability to participate in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback, clarification, meeting skills and related communication techniques;
- Sensitive to deadlines and budget constraints.
- Ability to prioritize;
- Good report writing skills;
- Ability to recognize conditions warranting attention and develop practical solutions;
- Experience of living and working internationally would be an advantage;
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide for approximately 40-45% including weekends.
Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section on www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 180002B1 or use the ‘apply’ link.