United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The Procurement Specialist executes the sourcing strategy at regional level and is the interface with local suppliers and sites.
- Is the key procurement interface with stakeholders and act as first escalation interface to handle supplier issues.
- Drives local change management and continuous improvements projects to improve suppliers’ QDCIS performances.
- Manages local, plant specific suppliers.
- Is responsible for the local delivery of sourcing strategy
- Contributes to regional or global sourcing strategies with local requirements
- Is responsible for commercial negotiations only if delegated by a Sourcing Director
- Is key-interface with local stakeholders at site; Supply Chain, RD&I, Local Business
- Acts as the first escalation interface to handle local supplier issues
- Drives the local change management which regards to QDCIS projects, supports and drives Value Engineering savings projects locally. Drives Material cost reduction initiatives locally
- Manages local, plant specific suppliers
- Contributes to and leads local continuous improvement/ ALPS projects
- Ensures that the suppliers selected in sourcing strategies are used locally at the best commercial condition.
- Reach out to the sourcing organization, ensure prices are timely updated, secure delivery when supply market is tight.
- Balance local requirements versus AkzoNobel sourcing strategy: optimize stock level, lead time, provide forecast if material is very tight
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's preferred)
- Successful, multi-year track record in Procurement and Supplier Management
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good planning/project management skills
- Local language and good command of English
- Good negotiation skills
- Superior communication; interpersonal skills
- Passion for reducing costs
- Distinctive leadership
- Comfortable with conflict
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix
- Able to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.