United States, Ohio, Columbus
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Metal Coatings Business Unit is the leading supplier of coil and extrusion coatings used in metal construction, appliance and automotive components, and a major supplier of advanced packaging coatings and inks. Our Coil and Extrusion Coatings business occupies a number one global position and enjoys strong relationships with top tier customers. Our Packaging Coatings business also leads globally in coatings for the inside of beverage containers.
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
- The Multi-Site Continuous Improvement Manager role is responsible for driving productivity at both sites.
- This position reports to the Site Manager for Columbus and Huron and has a dotted line to the Regional ALPS Manager and is part of the sites Management Team. The job holder is an MBB or a CI Expert with prospects of becoming MBB.
- The Multi-Site Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the management and development all sites CI team members as her or his direct reports.
- The Multi-Site Continuous Improvement Manager works closely with the MBB Strategist with the deployment of Continuous Improvement (powered by Lean Six Sigma) across the sites and region.
- The Multi-Site Continuous Improvement Manager owns the CI project portfolio, the sites CI Expert resources and the prioritization process across the sites.
- Manage the CI Expert resources in the site teams. Balance and match the needs from ISC with existing resources.
- Manage the prioritization of CI Expert projects requiring central team resources across ISC.
- Together with the Regional ALPs Team establish efficient coaching structure for the CI Experts and for other “belts” at the sites.
- Support the Site Managers to improve productivity across the sites.
- ANT follow-up of sites team projects.
- When applicable lead own MBB or CIE projects across the sites and region to spearhead best practice transfer.
- Support Regional ALPs Team in building organizational capability for CI and ALPS across sites in the region.
- Be a role model in safety.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Master’s degree (degree related to technical, business, economics or finance fields most applicable). If Bachelor’s degree, then longer work experience is required.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience (operations, production, maintenance, logistics, (process) engineering, continuous improvement, etc.).
- Master black belt or certified black belt (CI Expert) (or within reach of achieving such certification).
- Strong data structuring/analysis and problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate (also statistical) analyses and synthesize recommendations.
- Proven experience in applying and implementing continuous improvement tools and methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, TPM.
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, JMP).
- Experience in change management and change programs.
- Proven project and stakeholder management experience.
- Knowledge of different stakeholders within a manufacturing site and how they interlink.
- Prior team leader experience a plus; knows to use the skills and knowledge of the team to design and implement solutions.
- Experience in coaching and engaging others; able to impart knowledge to others.
- Able to multi-task in high-pressure environments.
- Excellent communication, presentation and conflict resolution skills on all organizational levels.
- Good team player, knows how to build his/her own network.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to travel 25%.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).