United States, Illinois, Waukegan
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is
improved by what we do.
Contributes to the establishment of the regional manufacturing strategy by developing and prioritizing the capital investment plan and advising the Regional Manufacturing Director on opportunities to improve regional manufacturing.
Executing the regional manufacturing strategy established by the regional manufacturing team, by managing specific regional manufacturing projects such as large engineering & capex projects, manufacturing innovation, volume relocation, new product introduction, IT systems implementation, FMC cost reduction, MME, OEE improvement.
- Develops and maintains systems to track regional projects, project progress, status and budget position for project portfolio and report on the same.
- Ensures compliance of engineering and project execution with all relevant Akzo Nobel and external engineering RAGAGEP, codes and safety standards
- Formulates, organizes and implements projects and improvement actions to the highest standards, ensuring targets on customer service, safety, cost, quality and capital are achieved.
- Determines the required resources, manages the project budget and assigns responsibilities to individual members of the project team.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project and reviews deliverables prepared by project members.
- Takes responsibility for managing specific manufacturing programs such as energy reduction, material efficiency improvement, cost reduction, regional manufacturing reporting
- Applies project and business process improvement methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization and minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Advises Regional Manufacturing Director on opportunities to improve regional manufacturing
- Contributes to the manufacturing strategy to optimize the support to achieve the regional business strategy
- Ensures all stakeholders and responsible parties are aligned in targets and identified tasks.
- Assists with contract negotiations/re-negotiations cycle calendar.
- Participates in global steering groups to validate and contribute to the creation and maintenance of validation standards.
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years' Project management experience; Diploma in PM or AN internal training (LPM, SPM, Helios)
- 2 years' minimum Capex & engineering management
- Multi-national organization experience
- Multilingual fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese highly desirable
- Paint and coatings industry experience
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)