United States, Georgia, Marietta
Business unit: PPC Integrated Supply Chain
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals is a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, paper chemicals, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We provide innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a large variety of industrial applications. Our 2,400 employees operate in 35 countries. Pulp and Performance Chemicals forms a business unit within AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals.
About the position
As a Process Excellence Manager – Manufacturing Operations you will work with all of our sites around the world. Every site is unique in terms of people, knowledge, production equipment and customer dynamics. The goal for the Process Excellence is to move Pulp and Performance Chemicals to world class performance standards by optimizing and digitalizing business processes, work out organizational designs at sites/functions, develop and execute training to allow sites to run their operations as efficient as possible. Process excellence creates multi-year strategies and plans to enable standardized technology platforms from where the BU can further develop into the next generation of digital strategy such as Internet of Things, Big Data analysis, Augmented Workforce etc.
The key attributes of the role are:
Deliver performance – Develop and execute multi-year plans to realize the BU ISC strategic KPI targets.
Lead standardization– Globally integrate and embed the standard ALPS processes, data and tools in the areas of manufacturing, maintenance, procurement and supply chain (PLAN-MAKE-SOURCE-DELIVER)
Deliver process excellence – Responsible for the BU end-to-end business process efficiency and a seamless information flow in Arkieva, SAP, MES throughout the value chain
Set culture– Lead change throughout the ISC function and adjacent function impacted by changing the way of operating the business. Establish a culture of operational and functional excellence at all levels in the BU; the need and value
Provide BASC ISC and AN IM direction– Collaborate with the BA ALPS leaders/CI leaders/IM Domain leaders to develop multi-year strategic and digital plans
Lead BU process adherence governance – Create transparency and line of sight of process adherence. Lead process adherence governance to operations, procurement, sourcing and capex
We offer an interesting and fun work environment in which you work closely and manage 4 highly skilled technical and professional persons who are traveling all around the world. You will get the opportunity to develop your talents and skills and contribute to digitalization and continuously improvement of our organization and services.
Reports directly to Regions Ops Director, North Amercia & Asia.
Number of Direct Report:4 (2 in US; 2 in Sweden)
- As a member of the BU Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Management Team (MT), contribute to the formulation of ISC objectives from an integrated business process excellence perspective
- Measure and monitor BU Process adherence metrics and ensure consistent behaviors throughout the BU.
- Develops strategic and operational plans for the business process excellence team, overseeing execution, and measuring results
- Liaise with cross-functional leaders across a diverse variety of value chains to enhance and align end-to-end supply chain capabilities
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of end-to-end processes, tools and product flow to drive productivity, inventory, OTIF, and increased growth capacity.
- Network with functional leaders in Specialty Chemicals business area and business units to share knowledge, experience, and leverage best-practices
- Responsible for the BU compliance of the BA (level 1-3) process adherence
- Responsible for the BU (level 4-5) process design and adherence
- Deliver organizational change management via training of ALPS processes, SAP, MES and Arkieva
- Build capabilities at leadership levels to over time lead process excellence from within the supply chain, operations and technology, procurement and capex organizations
- Support the BA ALPS leaders with process and technology experts to improve existing standards
- Overseeing all BU wide deployments that involves process, tools and data
December 31, 2099
PPC Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
We are looking for experience working with the interface between business and IT; a business program manager with a developed skill in SAP/MES or similar systems or a SAP/MES Application Manager/Solution Architect that thrives with the business relation
· University Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Economics, Business administration or similar expertise acquired through work experience of 7-10 years
· Strong project management and change management skills
· Strong communicator
· Experience from leading global SAP, MES deployments
· Experience from managing global project
· Experience working in a heavily, matrixed global environment
· Good understanding of world class maintenance processes
· Good understanding of the capabilities of the standard tools, SAP, MES Arkieva
· Good Multi-cultural skills and change management
· Substantial travelling (minimum 50%)
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and goals, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with like-minded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)