United Kingdom, England,
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Product Manager – Passive Fire Protection
£38,000-£50,000 per annum
AkzoNobel are recruiting for a Product Manager for Fire Protection to be based at the site in Felling, Gateshead.
Support the segments in which the product group is used and assist with the delivery of the segments plans. Ensures that the product group matches customer needs and supports the development of new or replacement products and manages their launch into the market; manages the withdrawal of unwanted or obsolete products. Actively manages the allocated product group as a portfolio in line with agreed branding rules and hierarchies.
§ Creates relevant value propositions for customer segments in accordance with the segment plans.
§ Actively manages products as a portfolio, bringing in new products and regularly eliminating obselete products
§ Work with segment managers, regional marketing managers and sales teams to deliver the agreed plans, assess the global needs for all relevant segments and regions and contribute with prioritised activities for the allocated product group
§ Identifies new product customer needs and creates specification for new products in liaison with R&D
§ Ensures effective planning, communication and progress of both new product development and NPL activities.
§ Assures the timely launch of new products into the market and follows approval processes
§ Implements brand strategies to ensure optimal product postioning and value creation.
§ Maintains and manages the specified product ranges by customer to ensure compliance to specification set by each manufacturer.
§ Creates sales arguments for products including competitive comparisons
§ Ensures that relevant product information are provided to the sales team.
§ Provides ideas for product positioning to broader product management community.
§ Contributes to the creation of best practices in product management through the BA
§ Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Graduate in Marketing, Economics, Chemistry/Engineering
· 8+ years working experience in laboratory and marketing/commercial environment
· Working in multi-disciplinary teams
· Combination of technical and commercial understanding
· Essential to have good level of communication skills
· Good networker with good people skills
· Proactive, robust and pragmatic approach
· Customer facing experience promoting fire proofing technology, products and performance
· Insight into global Intumescent industry and Fire Proofing markets
· Familiar with Fire Proofing standards globally
· Experience with Cellulosic and Cementitious passive fire proofing solutions
· Language skills; next to English, one additional language would be preferred
· Industry network globally; proven connections with suppliers and users
· Project management experience
· Provided presentations and papers to industry conferences
Advert open from 31st August 2018 - 1st October 2018
October 01, 2018
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time