United States, Ohio, Huron
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
· Quality Control testing of raw materials, in process and finished goods to verify they meet the required specification (as applicable).
· Documentation of testing results in SAP/Access databases
· Creation of certificates of analysis which are provided to customers
· Maintains quality records in a centralized filing system
· Appropriately maintains testing standards
Calibration of Laboratory Equipment
· Assures laboratory equipment is calibrated at applicable intervals. Takes actions if system falls outside of calibration ranges.
· Documents results of calibration
· Assures new lab equipment is added to the Lab Calibration Master list
· Non-Conforming Product
· Reports and assists production with internal non conformances investigation
· Provides adjustments to formulas (within applicable guidelines) to facilitate right first time of products.
Housekeeping and 5S
· Maintains appropriate levels of housekeeping and 5-S organization in the lab to assure accurate testing and a safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities Related to Hazardous Waste Management
· Responsible for the proper collection of hazardous waste
· Responsible for the proper marking, labelling and closure of hazardous waste containers
· Responsible for immediately contacting the Emergency Coordinator in the event of discovering or causing a leak or spill
Duties and Responsibilities Related to Process Safety Management (PSM)
· Responsible for following all PSM related policies, procedures and work instructions
· Responsible for following all Emergency Action Plans
· Responsible for participation in process and batch improvement activities
· Responsible for participation in Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) determination and completion
· Responsible for participation in Management of Change (MOC), Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) and other safety related committees and teams
· The job holder reports directly to the Quality Manager and interfaces with all levels of the Huron Ohio Manufacturing site along with minimal contact with outside vendors/customers and AkzoNobel Customer Service as applicable.
· Life Saving Rules - annual
· Hazardous Waste Training – annual
· Process Safety Management – annual
· Other training as determined
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· Minimum 2 year college degree
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a quality control laboratory testing materials
· Knowledge if MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Working knowledge laboratory equipment, calibration, good laboratory practices