United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Improve the overall job performance of permanent and temporary employees by training employees to increase their knowledge and competence in the areas of HSE, quality, and specific job duties.
- Supervisor- Production Manager
- Member of Manufacturing Department
- Direct reports - none
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
· Must follow all established HSE rules and procedures.
· Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties per company’s Code of Conduct.
· Owns and leads the training program for the site.
· Develops training program structure, content, and documentation.
· Organizes and tracks all training documentation.
· Continuously improves the program, incorporating feedback from all levels.
· Leads classroom training session.
· Conducts training on the floor.
· Performs production duties (batchmaking, fill off) when demand surpasses capacity.
· Any other duties as specified by supervision and management.
Owner of assigned projects and duties and their success. Will be responsible for the following aspects of business performance and the day to day managing of and the long term improvement of:
1. HSE Champion – trains to HSE requirements and monitors performance on the floor. Incorporates observed HSE gaps into training program, including feedback from BBS observations, incident investigations, and near miss reporting.
2. Quality Champion – trains to quality requirements and monitors performance on the floor. Incorporates observed quality gaps into training program, including feedback from quality audits, customer complaints, DGRs, and quality near misses.
3. Shares ownership of safety performance, environmental compliance, quality performance, and productivity improvements.
4. Takes a keen interest in developing all aspects of employees.
Engager of our front lines- capable of leading initiatives across manufacturing departments with little intervention from supervision and management. Collaborates with others in:
1. Communicating performance
2. Providing and receiving feedback
3. Holding others accountable for results
4. Recognizing team members’ success
5. Developing team members
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
1. Ability to communicate clearly and frequently
3. Coaching skills
4. Active and engaged listening
5. Voracious learner
6. Planning and scheduling skills, as related to coordinating training sessions
8. Technical skills
1. Manufacturing experience (ability to quickly gain the working knowledge of all jobs on the team)
2. Basic computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
3. Math comprehension for calculating, scheduling, charting, and analyzing data
4. Classroom training presentation skills
5. One-on-one training skills for training on the floor
6. Problem solving skills
0. Code of Conduct role model
1. Make fair and consistent decisions when dealing with team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment, and maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. Manufacturing experience. Training experience required. Pass pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen. See essential qualifications.