United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to pass forklift test and obtain forklift certificaction
- Ability to read and apply accurate product labels
- Ability to measure and weigh accurately
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Arm-Hand steadiness- Keeping your arm or hand steady
- Near vision- ability to read labels and see details up close
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Pass pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen. See essential qualifications.
Operation and control- Ablity to use equipment to perform duties of job safely and effectively
Mathematics- Knowledge of basic math including adding, subtracting, mulitplication, division, fractions and measurements
Operation Monitoring- Abitlity to watch gauges, dials, or display screens to ensure proper operation of equipment
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time