United States, ,
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Transfer completed products into containers of various sizes and types (1 qt cans to tankers). Identify and apply the correct information on the containers and or proper documents while following all fill off and safety procedures.
Principal Accountabilities/Critical Objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
· Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
· Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties as per company’s Code of Conduct
· Obtain proper containers for approved batches according to the Sales Order/Batch Ticket instructions. Containers vary from quart cans, gallon cans, five gallon buckets, 55 gallon drums, tote tanks, or tankers.
· Fill off approved batches ranging from 1 gallon to 5000 gallons into the proper shipping containers
· Products are filled into containers through pumps, filters, pipes, and hoses as required
· Batches are checked throughout the fill off process visually and/or by the Q.C. lab personnel. Samples must be obtained during the fill off procedure depending on the QC requirements specified on the batch ticket.
· Measure the amount of product into the correct container for proper yield, by weighing and/or measuring the weight of the material in the containers with the tools provided
· Properly filter the material being filled off per the batch ticket requirements
· Once containers are filled and all openings are closed and tightened, check for leaks around the ring, bungs, and chimes
· Properly complete the batch ticket as instructed, label all containers, and number them in the sequence they were filled off
· Once the batch ticket has been approved and signed by the supervisor, send the containers to the shipping department along with the batch ticket
· Properly dispose of filters; wash out the pump; wash the tanks, filter housing, and hoses with the appropriate cleansing material
· Properly label and stage all cleaning material in proper areas
· Properly label and stencil all containers to satisfy customer and shipment requirements
· Actively engaged in 5S activities
· Helps sustain and improve organization in work areas
· Perform area housekeeping responsibilities
· Tank Washing
· Any other duties as specified by supervision and management
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to pass forklift test and obtain forklift certificaction
- Ability to read and apply accurate product labels
- Ability to measure and weigh accurately
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Arm-Hand steadiness- Keeping your arm or hand steady
- Near vision- ability to read labels and see details up close
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Pass pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen. See essential qualifications.
Operation and control- Ablity to use equipment to perform duties of job safely and effectively
Mathematics- Knowledge of basic math including adding, subtracting, mulitplication, division, fractions and measurements
Operation Monitoring- Abitlity to watch gauges, dials, or display screens to ensure proper operation of equipment