United Kingdom, ,
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Part of AkzoNobel, Flexcrete is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of technical mortars and high performance coatings.
The company has specialised in concrete repair and protection since 1983 and now offer a huge range of Products and Services to a vast range of Market Sectors.
We are now recruiting for three permanent Production Operatives to be based at our site in Leyland.
The below is an illustration of tasks included in the role:
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with the OHSAS 18001 certification and policies.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with the ISO 14001 certification and policies.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with the ISO 9001 certification and policies.
- Ensure all fork truck checks completed and signed off before using truck on a daily basis, and licence is valid.
- Ensure all batches and orders are double checked.
- Ensure all order paper work is double checked by logistics (office) before dispatch.
- Prepare all ingredients accurately and ensure all bags or buckets are identified with code, product and weight.
- Record raw materials, packaging and labelling GRNs on batch cards.
- Double check all raw materials before loading into mixers and initial batch card.
- (N.B. Raw materials and orders must not be double-checked by the person who prepped them).
- Ensure that any delivery/collection drivers are dealt with immediately.
- Record accurately all timings required.
- Follow the batch card instructions when mixing.
- Ensure machinery is set-up in accordance with SOP, and provide effective adjustments as necessary in a timely manner.
- Inform your team leader of any delays, including breakdowns, immediately.
- Ensure all empty raw materials sacks are saved for a possible bag count until batch passed by QC.
The salary for this role is up to £24,000 after training and progression
September 24, 2018
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time