China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Legal
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Risks and deficiencies: Work with business and functional leadership to identify compliance risks and deficiencies in the operations in the region and define and progress mitigating and remediating actions.
- Rules and Controls: Ensure that material company and local compliance rules are made available to employees and embedded in processes.
- Communication & Education: Communicate material compliance rules to employees and contractors in the region, and educate them on how to apply these rules. Develop and maintain a culture of integrity.
- Adaption to legislation: Anticipate relevant new legislation and ensure the organization is adapted in time to meet requirements. Manage the implementation of compliance programs.
- Business partner compliance: Manage the compliance framework of business partners in the region by ensuring they are screened, sign the business partner Code, get appropriate guidance on how to behave and are monitored against company integrity standards.
- Investigations: Manage and perform investigations into (alleged) code of conduct violations in the businesses and functions in the region.
- Privacy Manager: Manage the privacy framework in the region by identifying personal data processing activities and ensuring they are compliant, and by ensuring employees dealing with personal data processing are aware of their duties and restrictions.
- Monitoring: Monitor and test behavior of employees against company integrity rules and report findings to business leadership.
- Management self-assessment and reporting: Manage the annual management self-assessment process and reporting of deficiencies, improvement opportunities and actions to ExCo.
- Support and advice: Provide support and advice on compliance related matters to the employees in the region.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Master degree in law or finance
- 8-10 years relevant working experience
- Capability to manage projects and processes
- Analytical, diligent
- Excellent English oral and writing skills
- Social skills to work in different cultures and with different people and to inspire behavior of people
- Capability to influence people at all levels in the organization and resist pressure from senior leadership