India, Maharashtra, Pune
Business unit: Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The Global Analyst GBS IM drives the cost effectiveness of the IM GBS costs in all regions and for the global management and support within GBS IM. GBS IM operations costs are around € 100m. The Global Cost Analyst reports to the Controller of Global Business Services (GBS).
The specific responsibilities are
- Be a first contact for all questions from GBS IM management on cost actuals, budget, outlook reporting: structure, process, performance
- Responsible that process is effectively working to assure the correctness and completeness of all external costs accounting, including the creation of accruals at closings. The role will work with the line organization executing the controls.
- Prepare and review the internal and tax allocations (Pass Through) to business to be in accordance with agreed rules. Execute changes in allocations. Interact with the business controllers to clarify the allocations.
- To perform the analysis on the reported numbers and identify root causes for deviations, identify (potential) errors and incompleteness.
- Take an independent position to contact responsible GBS managers and local controllers on deviations and not only identify root causes, but also align on improvement and recovery actions.
- Actively participate in or perform review sessions with GBS management and local controllers to assess latest view information and include that in the reports and follow up monitoring.
- Contribute pro-actively to the budget process for GBS IM.
- Support in the execution of the budget process in all aspects: data collection, review, consolidation, reporting, using the applicable tooling (Excel, HFM, ANBI).
- Responsible for proper accounting and registration of GBS IM Capex and depreciation requirements.
- Perform ad hoc requests from GBS controller and IM controller in delivering financial information
- To act as a back-up to independently realize the (GBS) IM monthly financial management reports to all management levels (Country, Region, Global, FCRM, Exco) in required formats (Excel, PFD, PPT) via ANBI and to have a proper understanding of same.
December 31, 2099
Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 7 years of relevant work experience in Finance and Control, ideally in Controlling or Business Analysis;
- Powerful analytical skills, able to balance multiple priorities and meet (recurring financial) deadlines and work independently within a monthly timeframe;
- Experienced in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Practical understanding of ERP (SAP), HFM and Business Warehouse Applications.
- Strong interpersonal, presentational and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate across multiple organizational levels and countries/cultures;
- Be able to work independently on both monthly and long term timeframes and ad hoc requests.
- Eager to improve, open for change and actively supportive of AkzoNobel’s high performance culture.
Have high proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken.