Netherlands, Gelderland, Arnhem
Business unit: Human Resources
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
An interesting opportunity for a compensation & benefits expert with a leading global company
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more liveable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide.
AkzoNobel is looking for a Rewards Specialist to join the Rewards team in the Netherlands, which operates closely with AkzoNobel’s global Center of Expertise Rewards. The CoE Rewards is a crucial function within HR, responsible for designing rewards policies and programs that help our company to attract, engage and retain the right people with the right behaviors to drive growth and long-term value creation.
As the Rewards Specialist you will primarily be contributing to the development, implementation, communication and monitoring of the AkzoNobel rewards strategy and related activities.
The core of your role will involve being the primary focal point for the Dutch pension plan, managing job evaluation, implementation of compensation and incentives, rewards projects, delivery of policy/process development and providing rewards expertise for the Dutch organization.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive and results-focused professional with proven experience in this field? If so, we invite you to apply for the position of
Rewards Specialist Netherlands
The role and its responsibilities
This position reports into the Rewards Manager Netherlands, and is located at our offices in Arnhem, the Netherlands, but will also offer the flexibility to occasionally work from other office locations in the Netherlands.
As the Rewards Specialist you will:
- Act as an internal consultant providing advice and guidance to HR and the business on reward related topics to ensure compensation and benefit policies are properly understood and consistently applied.
- Support the annual compensation process including liaising with People Services.
- Provide expertise with regards to the AkzoNobel Dutch pension plan and have the willingness to further develop your pension knowledge; over time, you will become the focal point for all matters concerning the Dutch pension plan.
- Perform job evaluation and take responsibility for the governance of the job leveling structure across the organization to promote consistency, participate in job evaluation projects and educate/train HR and managers on job evaluation.
- Manage the participation in compensation and benefits surveys, benchmarking and analysis.
- Work with external vendors and brokers assisting in managing the local employee benefit plans.
- Drive reward related projects and initiatives and liaise with stakeholders including management, global and local HR, Finance, Talent Resourcing and People Services.
- Support the Rewards Manager Netherlands with preparations for Collective Labor Agreement negotiations and Works Councils.
November 04, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- University degree and 3+ years of relevant experience;
- Solid knowledge of compensation and benefits, preferably with knowledge and experience in the area of job evaluation and pensions;
- In-depth analytical and decision making skills allied with sound business acumen;
- Good Excel skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including a high level of written and spoken Dutch and English
For further information, please contact Merith de Bock, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88-010 6789, option 2. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section on www.netherlands.akzonobel.com, reference 180003BF, or use the ‘apply’ link.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated