Netherlands, South Holland, Sassenheim
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The role of Product Manager Mixit reports to the Color Tools Manager and is part of the Color Marketing department. Right First time and color formula availability is essential and is a driver of success of the business.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to assume responsibility for the global Color Software strategy and assortment plan for all segments within the BU, in alignment with the overall business area color. In doing so you act as a sparring partner for Marketing, R&D, IM and the Regions, liaising with BU Technical & Color Support Manager, Regional Color Coordinators, Regional Digital Color Champions and other stakeholders to ensure local needs are considered during all project phases.
In this role you will be the product owner of the scrum team developing Mixit Modular.
- Color products are central to the success of A&SC, therefore this is a high profile, multi-facing role based at our large site at Sassenheim in the Netherlands.
- The core task is to translate customer wishes into business requirements, proposing new products and product adaptations within the framework of the Color Strategy, new technical possibilities and legal provisions.
- Thus, together with other Product Managers Mixit Pro and Automatchic, business critical decisions are made on customer needs and priorities for strategic business planning.
- Making the description of user needs (user stories) for the software development team based on the local and global business need. Liaise with Regional color tools specialists and other stakeholders to ensure local needs are considered during the scoping phase of software (maintenance) releases, and that local teams are properly supported throughout the software development and especially during introduction and implementation.
- Following up on ad-hoc operational software and data issues, liaise with global application management and other disciplines to minimize negative impact for customers, and communicate outcomes effectively.
- Coordination of the introduction and roll out of software systems and data updates, in close cooperation with the data specialists. Assisting in, and taking responsibility for, part of the development and delivery of Marketing and Communications materials needed for the introduction and support of the color software tools. You are responsible for the reference guides and release notes for color software.
- Leading future Color Marketing business intelligence activities (data mining). This demands close cooperation with the Information Management organization in terms of the right approach and reporting of results. Collecting data about competitor activities, market developments, volume developments, market acceptance, pricing, market shares etc. either via market research, desk research and/or visiting countries and customers.
September 30, 2018
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor (HBO) degree in IT, with an affinity for marketing
- 2-5 years of experience in a software development environment, ideally including experience as a Requirement Analyst
- Experience with SQL databases and use of MS Visio is an advantage
- Result driven and flexible pro-active team player.
- Capable of defining, constructing and communicating a product vision
- Coordination and organizational skills, allied to an affinity for the business context of IT
- Experienced Product Owner in an agile environment
- Comfortable in presenting to senior managers and large groups
- Excellent formal and informal international communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English.
Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section on www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 180003CM or use the ‘apply’ link.
Background checks will be part of the selection procedure.