China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Corporate Communications
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
1. Responsible for designing regional branding and public affairs strategies that drive AkzoNobel’s reputation with key stakeholders and are aligned to the overall company positioning
2. Execute AkzoNobel corporate brand strategy in the market including the AkzoNobel branding guidelines; protection of the integrity of the AkzoNobel brand with IP team; Brand Center usage and OnBrand approval process; organization of brand trainings , etc.
3. Reaches out proactively to the AkzoNobel businesses in the market to provide support and make sure the execution of company brand strategy and their programs are deployed in line with the overall branding guidelines
4. Build and enhance AkzoNobel brand through branding programs and campaigns that support the overall reputation drivers (innovation-sustainability and CSR/human cities)
5. Execute AkzoNobel global sponsorship strategy and support glocal activation plan. Identify local sponsorship opportunities and develop regional sponsorship and activation plans. Establish and maintain the relations with local partners.
6. Roll out of the communications/branding strategy through the creation and development of multi-channels visual content. Design and creative management of events, ads, publications, digital collaterals, etc. to support the roll out of the internal and external communications campaigns and activities
7. Support to implement the global digital strategy and roadmap. Responsible for the new digital initiatives and new AkzoNobel digital communications tools in the region
8. Works closely together with other communication and/or marketing colleagues to ensure translation of business and communications strategies into operational action planning.
9. Working with all AkzoNobel businesses/marketing teams closely to develop the total solutions for customers from different industries, with the One AkzoNobel-drive thinking and formulates corporate marketing plans and tactics, which includes positioning and promoting One AkzoNobel and its total solutions in various market, and support to fulfil the customer needs
10. Monitoring and measurement of the results/outcomes of all branding activities and campaigns in the market and drive its effectiveness and ROI
11. Manage creative and local agencies on project basis
12. Responsible for the branding budget
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
1. University degree in communications/PR or journalism, with exceptional writing and presentation skills
2. Experience working in an international matrix organization and comfortable with building effective relationships with key stakeholders across and outside the company
3. 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications or corporate branding
4. Experience with complex communication issues, budget and project management
5. Understanding of new branding and digital techniques, tools and platforms in the market and the ability to translate these into communication opportunities
6. Proven ability to manage and implement both national and global branding and communications campaigns
7. Pro-active attitude and comfortable with working under pressure
8. Team player with an open and energetic attitude, easy to shift between tasks and responsibilities who can work independently as well. Not a 9 till 5 attitude
9. A clear thinker with a can-do attitude, who is capable of both communications/branding strategy planning support and leading execution