United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
The Customer Demand Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to the Marine, Protective and Yacht Coatings Customer Demand Manager. This includes using formal analytic techniques and system tools to predict and plan future demand for Marine, Protective and Yacht Coatings products in North America.
This role will capture data, analyze and make recommendations at the SKU level and provide target specific performance metrics surrounding inventory turn, service levels and obsolescence.
Important to this position is leading partnerships with cross functional teams such as Marketing and Sales to assist the MPY Customer Demand Manager in setting site/sku level forecasts for the business. This information will be used by Supply for production capacity planning and ensuring a high level of customer service in alignment with Operating Working Capital targets.
The Customer Demand Analyst will monitor forecast accuracy and recommend or make adjustments to the forecasts to ensure the highest level of service with the least amount of working capital.
- Create supply chain forecast utilizing statistical models, sales projections, POS data, project calendars, and other market intelligence collected from various business sources including distribution centers, stores, and independent dealers and agreeing this forecast with District Managers. 35%
- Liaison with sales reps, regional sales managers, and sales executives to obtain intelligence and create required forecasts to execute production and fulfill customer orders for time sensitive projects. 20%
- Using statistical tools and sales data, calculate and set safety stocks for products at Regional Distribution Centers (RDC’s). Also included in this is providing data for Supply Manager to set the stocking assortment at each RDC. 15%
- Compile and monitor key performance metrics daily/weekly and ensure it is completed in a timely and accurate manner. 10%
- Assist Supply Project Managers with data collection and reporting for key Supply Chain projects. 5%
- Participate in on-going efforts of SKU rationalization resulting in inventory reductions to minimize impact on product supply as well as participate in new SKU launch, discontinuation, phase in/phase out, product substitution and obsolescence disposition activities as set forth by Marketing and Brand Management. 5%
- Lead, participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.). 5%
- Responsible for participating in and leading various projects as a subject matter expert and lead advisor for supply chain initiatives and Improvement activities as required. 5%
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Four-year college degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related business discipline.
- Advanced user of Excel Spreadsheets, Pivot Tables, Filters, Charts and Graphing Software.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret statistical data, sales budgets, and other related business information.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers and customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Regional Sales Managers, Directors of Sales, Regional Inventory Managers, Site Manager and other members of the leadership team.
- Knowledge of Statistical Forecasting Models and software packages.
- Ability to calculate figures such as proportions, percentages, volume, and cost.
- APICS Certification a plus
- Employee is expected perform these company success factors:
- Ensure departmental Goals are in alignment with customer values and expectations
- Ensure departmental targets are achieved in a consistent manner
- Constantly look for ways to improve current processes, policies and procedures
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).