United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Ensures providing high quality administrative services to the Functional Leaders or Regional SMU Management Team and their visitors as well as contributes to professional office administration.
- Takes care of the visitors’ reception area, providing relevant information and making introductions to the appropriate Management Team members.
- Helps in preparation / translation of documents, presentations and booklets as well as their distribution within AkzoNobel.
- Provides administrative services during the implementation of different projects conducted by the Functional Leaders or Regional Strategic Market Unit Management Team.
- Processes expenses and prepares minutes upon request from a Management Team member. Will also collect data and prepare reports on company activity.
- Assists the Human Resources Department in handling of the formalities associated with expatriates / commuters’ employment (work permits, visas, residence cards, etc.).
- Collects information about planned business trips and manages the Functional Leaders or Regional Strategic Market Unit Management Team agendas.
- Arranges visas / air / train tickets reservations, books hotel rooms, makes restaurant reservations and organizes as well as handles internal / external meetings (for the Regional Strategic Market Unit Management Team and their visitors).
- Assists in ordering office equipment / materials, company cars, and mobile phones. Will maintain the food and beverage stock.
- Must be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Must be compliant with all applicable regulations
December 31, 2099
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally to achieve objectives.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).