United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Marine Coatings Business Unit is the technology leader in fouling control and coatings that are abrasion, chemical and impact resistant, for vessels being built, repaired or maintained. We are a global market leading brand of International® with innovative technologies, a global service network and sustainability credentials.
The Specification Linings Manager is responsible for developing and driving the assigned Regions Linings Market by selling, mentoring and influencing others. Duties include, project tracking, specifications writing/ recommendations, product positioning and establishing and maintaining relationships at the owner/engineer/EPC level. The Lining Manager will be responsible developing the assigned Region Linings business through sales growth and margin development as well as expenses control. The customer base includes, but is not limited to Engineers, Owners, EPC’s and select customers involved in the writing, developing or influencing specifications for linings, secondary containment and grouting in the new construction and maintenance markets.
The linings manger will manage and mentor their direct reports as well as develop the knowledgebase of the regional Sales and Manufacturers Agents in assigned Region.
· The managed growth of sales value while concurrently achieving margin levels acceptable to the business.
· The identification, engagement and closing of opportunities within all of the markets the business has selected as target markets while also reviewing and assessing the opportunities outside of those markets
· Dialog of the weekly opportunities, targets and activities related to the linings product lines during the scheduled Territory conference calls or meetings
· Identify all sales opportunities and works with PC Reps, Regional Sales Manager to develop assigned Region tactics and actions
· Identify current accounts that require further penetration and work with Territory Sales Representatives to develop tactics, actions and value propositions.
· Identify and drive innovation relative to opportunities for new products
December 31, 2099
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· Bachelors or technical degree from an accredited university or college
· 5-10 years sales experience specific to protective coatings, technical or specification sales
· Knowledge & experience with coatings industry
· Be able to travel as required throughout the assigned territory
· Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
· Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Time Management — Managing one's own time and occasionally the time of others
· Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
· Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people
· Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding technical languages in work related documents
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
· Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database, electronic mail software, presentation software (PowerPoint), Spreadsheet software (Excel), word processing software (Microsoft Word)
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.