United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Protective Coatings Business Unit offers an extensive range of high-performance coatings for corrosion and fire protection for assets across a range of industries, both offshore and onshore. We are strong in up-stream offshore and power, and are an overall market leader with International® brand. We have good relationships within the oil and gas industry, and also service fire protection and engineering, while leading in technical service.
The purpose of this role is to provide customers technical services in coordination with marketing activities; assists customers in the application of company products. Provide technical service support as required in the field. Primary function is to support sales team and customers in safe and proper application of our products in accordance with specifications.
· Maintain records of the application of company products. This includes day to day climate/conditions as well as surface preparation information.
· Perform quality checks of surface preparation, and the application steps in the painting process.
· Reads gauges Advise customers as to what a painting job will require (i.e. equipment, climate conditions, required personal protective equipment, etc.) May occasionally demonstrate use of application equipment.
· When conditions are not within company specifications advises customer/applicator and immediate supervisor.
· Lifts 100 pounds
· Assist customers/applicators in the proper application of coatings and paint systems in accordance with company specifications.
· Other Duties as assigned
December 31, 2099
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· High school graduate – College degree preferred
· 3-5 years industrial paint experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software, skilled in use of a computer
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel
· Understands marine industry practices
· Knows coating application, techniques and parameters. Ability to apply principles of observation, logical, or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Needs to have good hearing to detect safety alarms and increase awareness in high risk areas
· May have to work around water therefore must have the ability to swim
· After completing an initial medical review and a drug and alcohol screen, employees performing TSR tasks are subject to periodic medical exams to determine their fitness to work as a TSR. Many customers also require TSRs to be tested for drugs on a random basis if TSRs visit or perform work on their sites.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.