United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more liveable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Powder Coatings Business Unit is the largest global manufacturer of powder coatings—solvent-free paints applied to metal and other conductive surfaces—and a world leader in powder coatings technology. Interpon® is our Powder Coating's business' global brand, with a wide manufacturing base. Our product and technology development capabilities are strong, and we possess manufacturing expertise in the areas of cost and speed.
Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, ensures proper running and cleaning of production equipment in the manufacture of powder coatings.
KEY OBJECTIVES/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ALL PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES
- Packaging and palletizing of finished product into boxes, drums, gaylords, and supersacks from 15 lb to 2000 lbs.
- Loads and blends dry materials.
- Samples raw materials and/or finished good. Records batch variables and logs data.
- Must be able to operate forklift and floor scrubber.
- Must be able to operate grinder and extruder production lines. Will replace dust collector filters on grinders.
- Must be able to clean grinders, extruders, testing equipment and charging equipment. Will perform additional general housekeeping.
- Performs duties according to ISO 14001 procedures and environmental requirements.
- Performs all work safely and injury-free. Must actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance.
- Attends and participates in Warsaw Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participates in the Nashville Safety Journey. Adheres to the Golden Principle which is simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
WEIGH UP OPERATORS:
- Wash totes
- Charge product
- Weigh up critical raws
- Sample room (pre-mix)- Extrude/grind/sieve sample and obtain QC analysis for testing.
- Stage raw materials for batches per batch tickets
- Record data
- Transport totes to blender/blend/sample
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to determine screw profile for product as determined on batch ticket or run history by interacting with extruder operator on previous shift.
- Ability to determine cleanliness of machine.
- Wash and clean totes.
- Transport totes of QC approved material to upper level mezzanine.
- Extrude product – adjust feed rate to allow maximum capacity per product specification.
- Transport tote to Post-Add station if necessary.
- Transport extruded product to ACM staging area.
- Grind totes in sequence to minimize contamination at leadperson’s request.
- Must determine cleanliness of machine prior to running product by interacting with previous shift ACM operator.
- Transport tote of approved flake, run a contamination, sieve check and pull sample for QC.
- Make adjustments as necessary, re-clean machine if contaminated.
- Perform particle size analysis – adjust if necessary (every 18 boxes).
- Pull samples as required for QC (every 27 boxes).
AUTO PACK OPERATOR:
- Monitor operation of Auto Packaging System
- Monitor case erector
- Ensure case erector is equipped with:- Boxes
- Material in bag inserter
- Ties for bag closer
- Ensure case sealer has tape
- Transport full skids, stretch wrap and move to finished goods staging area.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong tow motor driving skills.
- Ability to lift 55 pounds several times/daily.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Sap preferred.
- Ability to lift 55 pounds several times/daily.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interface with AkzoNobel personnel in a confidential manner.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V).