China, Jaingsu, Suzhou(JS)
Business unit: Finance Functions
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The Productivity Support Officer is responsible to oversee all IM services, and to coordinate IM services, flag local demand to IM Business Information & Value Management and to the responsible party within GBS to manage the service. In principle the role does not include performing any operational IT responsibility, e.g. programming, bug fixing, incident management, change management, or any related work in the systems.
Proactively ensures efficient use of tools and systems by local AkzoNobel users
- Responsible for proactively improving the end-user productivity within the whole AN organization to get the best end-user experience.
- Train and guide users to properly use tools in the most efficient and effective way, for example, Connect, OneTube, Yammer, Document Management, Telepresence, Skype for Business, Outlook, etc. to increase productivity.
- Connect end-users to process coaches and IM processes with regards to Application Management and Support Services.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a knowledge management network regarding IM.
Proactively monitors local customer satisfaction and engages on the improvements
- Influence the IT experience of the user and minimize the need to contact the IM Services helpdesk (Shift Left).
- Contribute to the optimization of the IM processes and services, representing the local level.
- Ensures end-user satisfaction surveys are managed and actions are followed-up properly.
Proactively ensures the standard IM processes in the IM Operating Model, e.g. support, issue resolution and escalation are followed
- Act as the process coach for IM processes, supporting AkzoNobel users in utilizing the IM processes and resources in the most effective manner.
- Enforce adherence to appropriate IT policies, strategies and standards that reflect best practices on behalf of IM.
- Ensure that Global teams are provided with feedback and practical advice on how they perform their duties to be effective in their role.
Flags demand towards BI&VM
- Flag possible local demand and build the bridge between the local demand and global IM BI&VM organization.
- Liaison between local demand-related topics and IM Demand teams.
- Delegated IM Demand point of communication for GBS-IM services in a specific country and for sites in that country.
Acts as local host for projects / roll outs
- Help with organizing kick-off sessions.
- Provide input for local stakeholder management.
Maintains and build relationships with end-users on location
- Maintain a relationship with the end-user and other relevant stakeholders on location, and engage in the process coach network.
- Receive feedback from and provide feedback to the IM Services team on how to improve the overall perception of IM.
- Actively seek alignment and cooperation (‘shoulder to shoulder’ mindset) with the other GBS domains. Raise the bar by continuously looking for ways to improve.
- Foster an environment where people work together and leverage each other.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Experience / Education
- Bachelor degree level education.
- Professional with minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT sector including 3 to 5 years managing IT services in a local country organization in a Global IM department.
- Strong Service management mindset.
- Knowledge of best practice solutions in the shared solutions space.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the assigned service domain.
- Individual must demonstrate ability to act autonomously.
- Know the structure and setup of IM Services (End-to-End services), procedures and people in the Information Management departments and the GBS-IM departments.
- Needs to have a process mindset, while being customer facing.
Key Generic Competencies
- Strong productivity focus, being able to think in solutions
- Sound base and interest in continuous improvement / lean/six sigma
- Able to stay calm under pressure and deal with operational / tactical issues whilst primarily focusing on strategic ambitions.
- Credibility and acceptance by local management (stakeholder management).
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Organizational sensitive.
- Taking initiative where necessary to create documented process improvements and solutions in order to further increase end user satisfaction, improve IM service performance towards the business and enable operation excellence.
- Right communication and coordination skills to work in a dynamic and complex organization.
- Ability to lead by example and is service oriented to the local business.
- Collaboration through trust and continuous drive for improvement/optimization (continuously raising the bar for him/herself, his team, his peers and suppliers).
- Ability to see the whole picture (helicopter view) and being able to focus in to the detail.
- Fluent in written and spoken local languages and English.
- Dedicated to reach and maintain high quality standards.
- Ability to influence internal and external parties.
- Hands-on way of working with relevant tools.