United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Accurately pick, load and receive finished/OEM products from the other departments on site for customer orders, using a forklift and hand equipment. Verify proper labeling of product and haz-mat shipping information. Help maintain the storage of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods while following all safety guidelines and procedures. Perform other task as assigned thru the Organizational Structure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
· Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
· Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties as per company’s Code of Conduct
· Operate a forklift to pick customer orders and load shipments onto assigned trucks
· Verify correct product, quantity, appearance and any special instruction the customer may have for their orders
· Proper handling of flammable and corrosive product and verifying correct DOT requirements for shipping
· Maintain standards established by our 5's program for organization, keeping areas cleaned and properly labeled
· Must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to cross train within the shipping department
· Perform area housekeeping responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to pass forklift test and certify
- Ability to left and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
December 31, 2099
Distribution & Logistics
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Physical Demands The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.