Netherlands, South Holland, Sassenheim
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The core purpose of this role is to optimize production plans and minimize supply chain costs within operational constraints. This requires a very high level of understanding of the tradeoffs between service, stock and manufacturing costs, while managing all main planning parameters (like Safety Stock, Economic Order Quantity, etc.) as well as site constraints.
You will be working for an organization that is committed to your personal and professional growth. The position is based at Sassenheim, the Netherlands. Traveling could be required up to 25-30% of the time.
Responsibilities and deliverables
Within this context you manage the production processes (MPS), resolving exception messages in accordance with S&OP rules and acting as the primary contact for the schedulers at site level in terms of finalizing production plans and discussing constraints and exceptions. This involves ensuring CI on leading metrics like scheduling adherence and batch cycle times together with the site schedulers.
Plans typically have a 12-week horizon, within which you are responsible for finite production and capacity planning based on factory calendars and MOQs. You also ensure adherence to S&OP rules, while balancing service level and inventory against targets, and understanding the cost impacts on manufacturing.
In addition you review schedule adherence and improvement and promote effective relationships with the site. You also have input with regard to inventory strategy on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
Further, you work with the Scheduler, Production Planning Manager and the Country Supply Lead to handle and resolve demand exceptions.
- The Production Planner’s main responsibility is to plan production with a very high level of understanding of the trade-offs between service, stock and manufacturing costs.
- He is the primary contact of the schedulers at site level to finalize production plans and discuss constraints and exception to the plan. He ensures CI on leading metrics like Scheduling Adherence & batch cycle times together with the Site Schedulers
- Agree on a production plan with the Production Planning Manager and site.
- Manage the production processes (MPS) resolving exception messages in accordance with S&OP rules.
- Master Production Planning (12 week horizon) for a factory (or lines within) and RCCP (plan/site)
- Perform production and capacity planning based on factory calendars and MOQs
- Balance service level and inventory against target, while understanding cost impacts on manufacturing
- Reviews adherence to plan and propose improvement initiatives
- Promotes effective relationships with the site
- Inputs to inventory strategy on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Handle demand exceptions, working with Scheduler, Production Planning Manager and Country Supply Lead to resolve
- Monitor KPI's related to FINI and DC delivered by its production plant vs. targets, initiates actions to resolve issues and escalates to Inventory and Deployment Manager when needed
- Support/lead implementation of projects related to service/cost/inventory/automation.
May 31, 2019
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- University degree in Business, Logistics, Supply chain Management or Science is an advantage
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing process and production strategies, Inventory Management and differentiated stock strategies and control
- Supply planning knowledge and experience, and Process development experience
- Experience with SAP-APO especially PP and Scheduling System is preferred
- Multi-country and cross-cultural management experience combined with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and oral English, other languages like Polish, Italian, French, Spanish and Turkish are an advantage.
As part of your application, please supply:
• higher education grade list (including results of not yet finished degrees) letter in which you motivate your application (for one or both roles)
Only candidates who have supplied these three documents will be considered. We offer a one year contract at first.
For further information, please contact Allan Sedney, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 010 6789 #2. We welcome your online application via the vacancy section at www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference number 180003ON, or use the ‘apply’ link.
A pre-employment screening and online assessment may form part of the selection procedure.