Canada, Ontario, Port Hope
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Contributes to the execution of the sales, expense and profitability targets established by the Strategic Marketing Unit within Canada by proactive control of all financial aspects of the business operations.
· Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
· Designs, implements and secures the adherence to the authorization levels / financial procedures
· Analyzes the direction of the market and prepares business plans / strategic analyses for Canada and works out economic effects of strategic initiatives to enable decision making.
· Monitors the adherence to the Business Principles and corporate Code of Conduct
· Monitors the compliance to all binding internal and external legal regulations as well as initiates the necessary corrective actions.
· Maintains the operational forecasting and budgeting processes
· Implements the necessary financial tools, procedures and infrastructure supporting the execution of the financial objectives
· Implements the management control system for measurement of the KPI’s of the business.
· Controls all the financials associated with the business and recommends corrective management measures targeted at securing bottom line
· Presents the results of the business and pinpoints gaps in relation to budget and latest view
· Prepares the business proposals / investment requests submitted for the approval by the Regional Management Team as well as assists in the negotiations with the customers.
· Assists the sales organization in communication and business arrangements related to the execution of commercial contracts.
· Explains financial data to the internal/external auditors
· Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Develop individual teams members and build a team which collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the task
· Establish and enforce minimal personal performance standards at site
· Oversee relations with external stakeholders to ensure the company values and license to operate are sustained
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Degree in accounting, controlling or business administration
- 5+ years’ experience as a controller in a business environment and/or functional area
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex financial and functional performance information for decision making
- Experience with Procurement from a financial perspective or willingness to develop further in this areaà
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Strong ‘can-do’ mentality and ‘drive’ to accomplish tasks in an environment with multiple stakeholders and cultures
- Excellent Excel knowledge as well as Hyperion (HFM and MerlinXL) and preferably knowledge of SAP and Business Intelligence (Business Warehouse)
- Experience in ‘change management’ in a finance environment
- Effective leadership, interpersonal skills, performance
- Management, and people development skills required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organizational skills
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization (employees, managers, customers)