United States, Illinois, Waukegan
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Specialty Coatings Business Unit delivers innovative coatings solutions to customers in the key markets of aerospace, yacht, consumer electronics and automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
We are the only aerospace supplier with Basecoat/Clearcoat approved at both Boeing and Airbus, and we also have a global presence in automotive. Our Yacht Coatings business has a global footprint, a strong brand, strong product performance and performs well in the professional market, lending to our reputation as a leader in innovation.
We are excited to share our opening for Quality Manager opportunity for our Waukegan IL manufacturing facility. This position will be responsible for fourteen (14) direct reports across our three shifts. The Quality Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining the business unit quality management system, ensuring products and services are fit for purpose, and meet both internal and external requirements including legal compliance and customer expectations.
- Develops specific quality strategy to secure customer certification and product and process quality including complaint handling
- Create and maintain the business unit quality management system (ISO based)
o Initiate and facilitate global harmonization and standardized quality processes
o Maintain global documentation system
o Identify and implement global best practices and business excellence
o Conduct global quality management reviews and process performance reviews
- Review customer requirements and initiate activities to ensure they are met
- Lead, support and participate in quality related activities such as business and continuous improvement projects, customer satisfaction activities, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Lead, support and participate in customer audits, tenders and after sales approval projects
- Maintain customer certified quality systems
o Maintain the required documentation
o Plan, conduct and follow-up on internal audits
o Prepare and coordinate certification audits and customer audits
o Conduct management review
o Ensure compliance and customer requirements
- Support procurement set quality requirements from external suppliers and participate in supplier audits
- Monitor cost Quality (CoPQ) and initiate actions to reduce CoPQ
- Ensure there is a process in place for customer complaint handling, including reporting, analysis and continuous improvement processes to reduce complaints
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or manufacturing related field of study
- Minimum five (5) years’ managing and embedding a quality system in a manufacturing environment
- At minimum three (3)-five(5) years in direct management / people leadership experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years coatings industry experience, relatable experience in a chemical processing/manufacturing industry or batch making process environment
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)