Sweden, Västernorrland, Sundsvall
Business unit: PPC Performance Chemicals
Industrier över hela världen förlitar sig på vår livsviktiga kemi för att tillverka vardagsprodukter som papper, plast, byggmaterial och hygienartiklar. Genom våra medarbetares engagemang och vårt fokus på säkerhet, hållbarhet och öppen innovation, har vi skapat en verksamhet i världsklass och byggt starka partnerskap med våra kunder. Vi finns i över 80 länder runt om i världen och bland våra ledande varumärken finns bland andra Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, och Berol.
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals (PPC) is a leading global organization in pulp technology, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We offer innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a variety of industrial applications. Performance Chemicals operate four product lines: Expancel, LEVASIL, Chromasil and Fine Chemicals. Our headquarters are located in Bohus, Sweden. Stockvik is one of the largest sites in AkzoNobel in Sweden, with 380 people working in three different business units: Pulp and Performance Chemicals, Surface Chemistry, Wood Finishes and Adhesives
About the position
Do you want to create the sustainable products of the future with us? We are now looking for an experienced Research Engineer in the Strategic Research and Innovation team. Your main task will be to work within research, development and implementation of a brand new product line.
- Identify new product opportunities and technical solutions, and evaluate ideas & technical results
- Initiate and lead product development tasks in implementation stages, like production scale up and customer evaluation
- Set-up, plan, execute, analyze, interpret and report trials and experiments
- Participate in assigned projects, lead projects/activities and ensure execution and delivery of technical results
Ensure customer satisfaction through effective communication, knowledge support and identifying solutions that meet upcoming customer needs
August 26, 2018
PPC Performance Chemicals
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- PhD in chemistry / chemical technology or Master's Degree in chemistry / chemical technology with at least 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry /chemical technology with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience from scale-up, process development and product development
- Good communication skills in writing reports and presenting results
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, both verbally and in writing
- To be successful in this position you are a collaborative cross-functional team player as well as focused on creating results. You have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and it is also important that you meet external and internal customers and their needs in a professional manner. You have the ability to identify opportunities and proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions. You also have the ability to plan activities and carry them through effectively, i.e. prioritizing tasks and work to deadlines. As a person you are curious, flexible, methodical, responsible, result oriented and quality-driven
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition – to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
Click here to know more about our business.
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Strategic Research & Innovation Manager and are based in Stockvik. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Anna Larsson Kron, Strategic Research & Innovation Manager, +46 70 361 76 64.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Ingeborg Lindgren, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 286 95 77.
For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl Nordlander, 060-13 42 25
Unionen, Mattias Andersson, 060-13 41 67
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!
More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.