United States, Tennessee, Memphis
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel Performance Coatings has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, experienced Account Manager in our Powder Coatings business.
This is a remote position with the ideal candidate being based in Tennessee
The Account Manager will be responsible for relationship building, sales growth and the development of existing accounts based in a given home Market. He or she will act as the single point of contact and will handle the responsibility for the implementation of account management plans. The Account Manager will sell Interpon Powder Coatings by supporting and growing existing accounts and prospecting new business opportunities.
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Travel Requirement: 50%-60% (most locations within driving distance)
25% overnight stays (1 week or less per month)
- Develop and communicate strategic sales plans to grow market share and sales revenue in the territory and segment while maintaining business unit profitability goals.
- Prospect, sell and close new accounts that meet sBU profitability goals.
- Provide front line support for powder coating applications at strategic accounts.
- Actively manage the Cost-to-Serve at each account.
- Actively manage travel and expense budgets for the territory.
- Ownership for the demand planning process and metrics for the territory aimed at delivering increased customer satisfaction.
- Use and management of Sales Force Automation Tools utilized by the business unit.
- Operate and practice according to AkzoNobel Code of Conduct.
- Participate in the New Product Process through development of ideas and information to support new stage gate processes.
- Manage working capital for the territory through active management of accounts receivables and inventory.
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
- Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Seeks leads for new business through contacts at existing accounts.
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
BS Management, Marketing, Chemistry, Engineering or Business MBA preferred.
5 years commercial powder coating or related experience involving customer contact/sales
- Strong Bias for action and confidence
- Financial Acumen
- Highly developed negotiating and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Client relationship management
Self motivation, prospecting, contact preparation, follow-up, close, opportunity analysis, ability to prioritize effectively, strategic and tactical thinking
Technical Service Competence:
Trouble shooting skills, ability to learn technical aspects of powder coating, technical communication
Written, Oral, and Presentation Skills:
Ability to effectively communicate internally and with customers, presentation development and delivery
Proficient in MS applications including Internet Explorer, Word and Excel
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.