China, Hubei, Wuhan
Business unit: Powder Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Delivery– Guide line management to deliver HSE policy, set the culture and manage hazards (50%)
Tasks: Guide line management to develop and ensure implementation of HSE policies, plans and practices for the Wuhan Sitein line with the AkzoNobel HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures ( HSE Procedures) and in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements; together with and in support of line management, set the safety culture and manage hazards.
Results : Established HSE management system
- Improvement – Act as a change agent for continuous improvement and a role model for compliance and commitment (20%)
Tasks : Be a change agent for continuous improvement in the HSE standards, performance, capability and culture of the Langfang Site in line with the AkzoNobel programs ( Safety Common Platform); along with line management, spend time on the shop floor and act as a role model for ensuring compliance with and commitment to the AkzoNobel HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures, including its risk tolerance criteria.
Results: Progress towards leading level of HSE maturity
- Capability– Leverage HSE expertise to support own unit and others (20%)
Tasks: Be an effective coach for the Wuhan Site by leveraging and extending its HSE knowledge through personal participation in AkzoNobel expert pools for delivery of the Safety Common Platform, HSE Faculty learning programs, auditing and/or incident investigation and/or through training activities within the Wuhan Site as well as through personal functional development.
Results: HSE capability of Wuhan Site management meets company expectation
- Strategy– Contribute to the HSE strategy beyond own unit (10%)
Tasks: Contribute to the development of the HSE strategy for design, deployment and delivery of the AkzoNobel HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures and Safety Common Platform for the entity at the next higher level, in order to ensure alignment of objectives and performance of the [Business/Location/Unit].
Results: Alignment of strategy with next higher level
- People – Manage and develop direct reports (where applicable)
Tasks: Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employee(s) in line with HR guidelines and HSE operating model, and facilitate talent management process.
December 31, 2099
Health, Safety & Environment
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Bachelor, masters or doctorate level qualification in HSE or engineering or related discipline
with at least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within manufacturing/chemical industry is required.
Knowledge and experience on dust explosion prevention is preferred.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through;
- Positive influencing: ability to convince others, gain agreement or acceptance of plans, activities and ability to move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action;
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards;
- Able to work in an inclusive way in the HSE community to make sure the business experiences ‘one voice’ and the teams collective objectives are met;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, entrepreneurship, result oriented, negotiation, problem solving, project management, business acumen;
- Very good verbal and written English language skills;
- Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations and/or other companies;
- Broad (people) management capabilities.
Broad and specialized knowledge of the AkzoNobel HSE functional role and HSE management systems and programs, as well as external benchmarks.