China, Shanghai, Shanghai_Eco City
Business unit: AMPE
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
1. Planning/budget– Develop and realize project budget and planning for project and for own discipline
Result: Discipline budget is approved and part of the project cost estimate
2. Standards and guidelines– Translate regulatory requirements into new ways of working, standards and procedures, apply existing engineering standards, monitor compliance in own site/unit, and if necessary take measures, as well as develop or contribute to the development of new guidelines and/or internal/international standards, if required
Result: Clear work instructions are provided and processes meet predefined technology standards/guidelines as well as publication of new guidelines and/or standards
3. Process design development– Introduce and integrate new processes and relevant design work accordingly, strategy of control, installations, products and/or equipment in production, at times based on results of development projects, as well as advice at request or on own initiative on new business cases based on process modifications and/or modification of the existing operation.
Result: (Development of (eco)efficient, effective and reliable production processes and design work
4. Maintenance– Advice on preventative and/or corrective maintenance activities on assigned installations/equipment.
Result: Guarantee of high reliability and reproducibility and up time of installations, controls and
5. (Risk)analysis and advice– Collect, interpret and edit (new) process related data and developments and/or execute risk assessments of new installations/equipment and issue advice for needed changes at request or at own initiative
Result: Insight into opportunities and risks regarding processes, strategy of control, installations and e quipment
6. Optimization– Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement in production
processes and design work, strategy of control , installations, equipment and working processes and ensure and monitor implementation after approval
Result: (Contribution to) continuous improvement of and high-quality, effective and reliable processes, installations and equipment at an optimum level of costs
7. (Management) information– Document activities performed on processes and design work, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative
developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses and report to the authorities
Result: (Management) information enables management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) decisions and determine or adjust strategy
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Master degree in chemical engineering or related disciplines.
§ Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through;
§ Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards;
§ Able to work in an inclusive way in the Engineering community to make sure the business experiences ‘one voice’ and the teams collective objectives are met;
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, influencing, entrepreneurship, result oriented, problem solving, content experience, project management, knowledge of relevant tools;
§ Very good verbal and written English language skills;
§ Very adaptable, fast response to change in cultural environment (business and/or geographical context)
§ Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations and/or other companies.
Specific (and broad) experience on and knowledge of process discipline, strategy and policies and relevant know-how of other disciplines
Knowledge on key parameters of importance for the customer