China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Finance Functions
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Create and maintain an Real Estate & Facilities procurement strategy and contract compliance aligned to global and regional needs
- Manage (directly or indirectly) cross-functional teams for the development and execution of all aspects of category strategies within region.
- Manage the competitive sourcing process related to contract pricing, terms and conditions,service levels and governance
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities to identify and develop new suppliers in the region to drive cost reduction and build strong and trusted relationships
- Evaluate production processes and analyze supply chain optimization potentials
- Navigate and analyze complex data to identify and present opportunities to stakeholders for decision making;
- Actively seek and lead regional opportunities to drive savings and deliver business results for the organization through various forms of leveraging, bidding, sourcing, negotiating and implementing of complex regional supplier contract
- Lead supplier selection process, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies
- Establish and present business cases supporting sourcing recommendations
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance with delivery, quality, and cost
- Manage and leads strategic supplier relationships and performance improvements through regular supplier meetings, business review as detailed in the contract governance.
- Develop strong relationship and build trust with key stakeholders in businesses to understand business needs and to establish and strengthen regional category strategies.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
- At least, 10 years’ experience in an international purchasing or commercial role in a matrix organization
- Strong background in procurement category management and proven track record in supplier and contract management
- A Strong leader who can deliver significant sustainable business results and drive cultural change and who is able to drive category strategies and develop pricing models
- Experience in managing stakeholders, building strong relationships in a complex matrix organization and across multiple geographical locations and regions.
- Project management and change management experience are essential
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and influential skills
- Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus;
- Procurement accreditations (e.g. CPM/APICS) is desirable;
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proficient in English language, written and spoken, any additional European language is a plus