United States, Ohio, Strongsville
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Metal Coatings Business Unit is the leading supplier of coil and extrusion coatings used in metal construction, appliance and automotive components, and a major supplier of advanced packaging coatings and inks. Our Coil and Extrusion Coatings business occupies a number one global position and enjoys strong relationships with top tier customers. Our Packaging Coatings business also leads globally in coatings for the inside of beverage containers.
The Regional Marketing Specialist works with Regional Marketing Manager translating segment strategies, market research, and customer requirements to create a detailed regional strategic plan with related key tactical actions. Will also support and coordinate marketing and product activities which enable the execution of the regional segment initiatives and plans.
- Analyses market data to support/identify key segment opportunities
- Carries out regular product lifecycle analysis and actively supports product complexity reduction initiatives
- Researches and analyses customers to fit with segment and regional strategies
- Works with the sales teams tracking projects and customers through CRM
- Analyses, researches and maintains data about local competitors, in conjunction with sales to better understand our competitive advantage
- Works with the Regional Market Manager translating segment strategies, market research and customer requirements to create a detailed regional strategic Segment with related key tactical actions
- Maintains technical product knowledge and sales techniques and trends. Prepares summaries of regionally important trends for management use
- Liaises with the sales team to develop, in coordination with business Marketing Communications team, relevant marketing campaigns which support the execution of the regional Market Segment tactical plan
- Supports and leads, in coordination with R&D, short-term product improvement process.
- Identifies key sales activity for the region and participates in key trade shows and customer events. Creates presentations and scripts and co-ordinates the correct personnel
- With the support of the Communications team, develops and executes communication plan for the region
- Facilitates the creation and execution of marketing promotion plans for new product launches (non-PR related aspects) including sales tools, ensuring they comply with brand guidelines
- Works closely with Communications team on story creation and contributes to the annual media plan for specific industry publications
- Support Commercial Excellence projects in the region
- Management of all local language versions of relevant marketing collateral including content on digital tools
- Management of content and analysis of activity for regional digital tools
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate and site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE standards and always in compliance with all applicable regulations
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business
- At least 4+ years of experience in a commercial environment
- Ideally experience in more than 1 area of marketing and/or sales
- Some work experience in a tech/tech service role is an advantage
- Analytical mind with good financial acumen
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)