United States, Pennsylvania, Reading
Business unit: Powder Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Qualified candidates for Inside Sales Representative for Powder Coatings North America will possess the ability to utilize a solutions-based sales approach to deliver leading performance in a highly competitive market. This is an excellent opportunity to profitably grow a defined territory and possibly lead to future professional opportunities in outside sales, key account management, or commercial sales/marketing.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and communicate strategic sales plans to grow market share and sales revenue within the territory, while maintaining business unit profitability goals: approximate annual revenue over $2.0 million with 500+ customers.
- Prospect, sell, and close new accounts within the General Trade Coaters and General Industrial Market Segments.
- Actively manage the “Cost to Serve” model at each account.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting/problem solving – i.e. product/application complaints, shipping, freight, pricing issues, etc.
- Administer and track all customer requests for samples, literature, panels, MSDS, literature, etc.
- Establish and manage a competitive profile program on powder competitors.
- Support hybrid account strategies with Account Managers.
- Ownership for the inventory demand planning process and metrics for the territory aimed at delivering increased customer satisfaction.
- Use and maintain management of Salesforce Automation Tools utilized by the business unit.
- Operate and practice according to AkzoNobel Company Code of Conduct.
- Manage working capital for the territory through active management of accounts receivables and inventory.
- Provide Monthly Sales forecast.
- Conduct direct sales and market campaigns within assigned sales territory
- Periodically conduct regional needs assessment
- Current service model
- Regional customer needs
- Service requirements
- Product offerings
- Market price structures
- Competitive behaviours
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Behavior Based Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey and Behavior Based Safety program. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is to Intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a small team environment
- Computer Skills; Proficient in MS applications including Internet Explorer, Word, CRM, and Excel. Knowledge of SAP
- 1-3 years coatings industry experience either in manufacturing, technical, and/or sales/marketing.
- Solution sales aptitude; self-motivated to prospect, follow-up, and close. ability to prioritize/multi-task effectively, in a fast paced environment with strategic and tactical thinking.
- Technical Service competence: ability to learn technical aspects of powder coating and effectively communicate such to both internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers; highly competent in presentation development and delivery
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be beneficial
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)