Netherlands, North Holland, Amsterdam
Business unit: AkzoNobel
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
This role can also be based in other countries in Europe.
• Lead the company’s sourcing activities for Agencies with a main objective to significantly reduce cost, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels.
• Collaborate heavily with key business stakeholders and sourcing support specialist to deliver the 15% ROS objective by 2020, which is the most critical financial indicator linked to the mid-term success of the company.
• Assume NPR spend category responsibility for all entities/countries across Paints and Coatings coordinating and collaborating with the Regions
• Proactively drive cost and margin improvement, process improvement (TCO) using creativity.
• Manages the supply base and stakeholder network on a global/regional level and works closely together with the relevant stakeholders within the BAs
• Actively drive cost down programs beyond procurement savings to the stakeholders e.g. demand reduction, change of specifications, value engineering and behavior changes.
1. Create and maintain a Agencies procurement strategy and contract compliance aligned to global and regional needs
2. Lead (directly or indirectly) cross-functional teams for the development and execution of all aspects of category strategies .
3. Conduct strategic sourcing activities to identify and develop new suppliers to drive cost reduction and build strong and trusted relationships
4. Manage the competitive sourcing process related to contract pricing, terms and conditions,service levels and governance
5. Evaluate production processes and analyze supply chain optimization potentials
6. Navigate and analyze complex data to identify and present opportunities to stakeholders for decision making;
7. Actively seek and lead opportunities to drive savings and deliver business results for the organization through various forms of leveraging, bidding, sourcing, negotiating and implementing of complex regional supplier contract
8. Establish,present and sell business cases to drive cost driven change management projects
9. Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance with delivery, quality, and cost
10. Manage and leads strategic supplier relationships and performance improvements through regular supplier meetings, business review as detailed in the contract governance.
11. Develop strong relationship and build trust with key stakeholders in businesses to understand business needs and to establish and strengthen category strategies.
September 30, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
• Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
• At least, 10 years experience in an international purchasing or commercial role in a matrix organization
• Strong background in procurement category management and proven track record in supplier and contract management
• A Strong leader who can deliver significant sustainable business results and drive cultural change and who is able to drive category strategies and develop pricing models
• Experience in managing stakeholders, building strong relationships in a complex matrix organization and across multiple geographical locations and regions.
• Project management and change management experience are essential
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and influential skills
• Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus;
• Procurement accreditations (e.g. CPM/APICS) is desirable;
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• Proficient in English language, written and spoken, any additional European language is a plus
For further information, please contact the Talent Resourcing Department, +31 (0)88 010 67 89 (option 2). Only online applications will be accepted, please use the ‘apply’ link.
Background screening will be part of the selection procedure.